Gov't review of BPA in can linings

Some of our favorites!!!!
shingaling

Gov't review of BPA in can linings

Postby shingaling » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:40 pm

Looks like there's a conference in Ottawa this week to see if anyone can decide if there's enough BPA in can linings to be worried about. The question is whether the BPA is leaching into food - don't know if the scientists will tackle the question of what happens when you cook using a Heinie pot!

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/hea ... le1780226/
Any road followed precisely to its end leads precisely nowhere. Climb the mountain just a little bit to test that it's a mountain. From the top of the mountain, you cannot see the mountain.

sudden

Re: Gov't review of BPA in can linings

Postby sudden » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:29 am

There is empirical evidence on this site that cooking in BPA lined Heinie pots can cause tent hoarding. :ugeek:
"People are not persuaded by what we say, but rather by what they understand."

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:56 am

sudden wrote:There is empirical evidence on this site that cooking in BPA lined Heinie pots can cause tent hoarding. :ugeek:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Good one!
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

shingaling

Postby shingaling » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:45 am

I can picture the scientists now, feeding pop can shreds to lab rats to see if they get sick... :lol:
Attachments
demotivators_2129_3037.gif
Any road followed precisely to its end leads precisely nowhere. Climb the mountain just a little bit to test that it's a mountain. From the top of the mountain, you cannot see the mountain.

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:46 am

Sudden..would you be a good boy..and explain that theory about tent hoarding to my wife.She doesn't seem to understand that coming from me.. :roll:

:lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

shingaling

Postby shingaling » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:18 am

Just get her to start drinking from the Heinie pot, and maybe she'll come around once the BPA gets to her! :D

sudden

Postby sudden » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:38 pm

shingaling wrote:Just get her to start drinking from the Heinie pot, and maybe she'll come around once the BPA gets to her! :D

I think you're onto something. :ugeek: I wonder if it will work for all my hobbies.
"People are not persuaded by what we say, but rather by what they understand."

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:39 am

When they changed the lid/top of the can they also changed the coating......no bpa's .................drawback is a new side opener is needed. ;)
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Return to “Articles”