Tick and Mosquito Protection

Some of our favorites!!!!
zelph

Re: Tick and Mosquito Protection

Postby zelph » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:44 pm

Name is Evada-bug. HAH!

Anyway, ingredients are:
Soybean oil, Distilled water, Alcohol, Neem, Cedarwood, Lemongrass, Citronella, Tea tree, Patchouli, Geranium, Palmarosa, Rosemary.

by JBRanger » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:26 pm

Well good news!

My all natural repellant worked EXTREMELY well this weekend. Mosquitoes were EVERYWHERE and I only got nabbed once behind my knee and that was because I forgot to put a bit back there. They will definitely hunt down a spot that is not covered. Sure it smelled a little strong (nice but strong) but it worked. All without DEET! Very pleased.

I will definately try to find that stuff locally. I like the list of ingrediants. Thanks for the update of your personal use. Wearing shorts is dangerous :o Or do you wear a kilt?
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

JBRanger

Postby JBRanger » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:55 am

I wear shorts. I've heard kilts are the stuff but I just can't go quite that "free". LOL!

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:16 am

Name is Evada-bug. HAH!

Anyway, ingredients are:
Soybean oil, Distilled water, Alcohol, Neem, Cedarwood, Lemongrass, Citronella, Tea tree, Patchouli, Geranium, Palmarosa, Rosemary.

The ingredients look like it would smell like a Woodstock convention.. ;)
Does it attract hippies? :shock:

:lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

JBRanger

Postby JBRanger » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:48 pm

Just the opposite. LOL! It's nice smelling but strong. Be prepared for friends to remark at that. LOL!

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:42 pm

More than likely the patchouli oil overpowers everything else..I've passed a couple people on the trail that had a strong scent of that..probably wearing your mosquito repellant..rather than them just being hippies!Next time you are in a head shop :roll: ..buy some of that!It''ll probably keep bugs away by itself. ;)
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

JBRanger

Postby JBRanger » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:32 am

Well all I know is that it worked. And that is the test of bug spray. :DB: :DB:

Return to “Articles”