Marlboro

What have you found in the thrift stores that you can modify or use as is?
Ridgerunner

Marlboro

Postby Ridgerunner » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:58 pm

Well, I don't smoke cigarettes but apparently Marlboro and Camels use to put out some nice gear if you were willing to blacken your lungs for the stuff. I wait around a few years and it shows up at yard sales. Here are some items I found last weekend and at an auction a month ago.

ImageImage

The monocular I found in a Quarter box. The Swiss Army watch(H2O resistant to 330 ft) I found at a different yard sale for a dollar but had to buy a $2 battery to get it back to snuff. The Power pack was $3 (hard to believe that one) at another yard sale. The combination pack fly/spin reel set me back $20 at an auction. Hey, I don't get everything dirt cheap. :lol: I wonder what other descent camping items that Marlboro or Camel put out. I know Marlboro had a backpack, tent and battery operated lantern with remote. Anyone else come across any goods from these companies?
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

oops56

Re: Marlboro

Postby oops56 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:41 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:Well, I don't smoke cigarettes but apparently Marlboro and Camels use to put out some nice gear if you were willing to blacken your lungs for the stuff. I wait around a few years and it shows up at yard sales. Here are some items I found last weekend and at an auction a month ago.

ImageImage

The monocular I found in a Quarter box. The Swiss Army watch(H2O resistant to 330 ft) I found at a different yard sale for a dollar but had to buy a $2 battery to get it back to snuff. The Power pack was $3 (hard to believe that one) at another yard sale. The combination pack fly/spin reel set me back $20 at an auction. Hey, I don't get everything dirt cheap. :lol: I wonder what other descent camping items that Marlboro or Camel put out. I know Marlboro had a backpack, tent and battery operated lantern with remote. Anyone else come across any goods from these companies?

I smoke i save a lot of coupons got lots of it 2 or 3 coats that battery pack same rain jacket forgot most that i got
Man play with fire man get burnt

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:49 pm

There was some good stuff in the unlimited and Adventure catalogs. I could not find anyone to give up their coupons :lol: I've picked it up all second had. I forgot, I have a Zero degree Mummy bag from Marlboro also. If i recall, it was too snug for my liking. I'm going to let a friend use it when we go up to northern Michigan in a month. He's been whining about the cold up there that time of year. I also have a Marlboro 2 piece rain suit Igot off ebay that after riding my motorcycle home in a rain storm came to the conclusion that the seller did not know what they were taliking about as I was soaked to the bone. :o Guess it is a windbreaker/jogging suit. :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

oops56

Postby oops56 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:12 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:There was some good stuff in the unlimited and Adventure catalogs. I could not find anyone to give up their coupons :lol: I've picked it up all second had. I forgot, I have a Zero degree Mummy bag from Marlboro also. If i recall, it was too snug for my liking. I'm going to let a friend use it when we go up to northern Michigan in a month. He's been whining about the cold up there that time of year. I also have a Marlboro 2 piece rain suit Igot off ebay that after riding my motorcycle home in a rain storm came to the conclusion that the seller did not know what they were taliking about as I was soaked to the bone. :o Guess it is a windbreaker/jogging suit. :lol:

That windbreaker i got 3 at a lawn sale i also thought a rain jacket they are nylon right paid 1.00 each

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:49 pm

Nice stuff, nice prices.

Last week I picked up a Heineken umbrella for $1.00 Nice kelly green color with logos. For resale on ebay :mrgreen:

Have not noticed Marlboro stuff at thrift stores, don't do garage sales, too addictive :mrgreen:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:54 pm

don't do garage sales, too addictive

Yes , it can be addictive as that is where you find your cheapest prices and almost always can barter them down even cheaper as they just want the stuff gone. ;)

oops56

Postby oops56 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:40 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:

Yes , it can be addictive as that is where you find your cheapest prices and almost always can barter them down even cheaper as they just want the stuff gone. ;)

Oh you need me to show you how do your daily check go back after they are done then there is a lot by the road says free

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:47 am

oops56 wrote:
Ridgerunner wrote:

Oh you need me to show you how do your daily check go back after they are done then there is a lot by the road says free

Once in awhile it is free. I got a cabin tent that way. Stumpjumper will go back at the end of the sale to get a cheaper price. :lol: Usually, if it doesn't sell, they will have another sale or take it to Goodwill, which is close.

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:45 am

On an item I'm looking for or I know it's a good deal, I never try to negotiate. I pay full price and say I'm glad I got it (my jewelers lathe as an example)
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:53 pm

zelph wrote:On an item I'm looking for or I know it's a good deal, I never try to negotiate. I pay full price and say I'm glad I got it (my jewelers lathe as an example)

I've done that many times. Like the two Gerber Multi-tools for $5 ea. I just hand him $10 and am tickled pink for what I found. I think most yard sellers expect to barter a little and might even price things accordingly.

Return to “Amazing Thrift Store Treasures”