Marlboro

What have you found in the thrift stores that you can modify or use as is?
zelph

Re: Marlboro

Postby zelph » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:00 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:
zelph wrote:On an item I'm looking for or I know it's a good deal, I never try to negotiate. I pay full price and say I'm glad I got it (my jewelers lathe as an example)

I've done that many times. Like the two Gerber Multi-tools for 45 ea. I just hand him $10 and am tickled pink for what I found. I think most yard sellers expect to barter a little and might even price things accordingly.

Now that's what I call being an alright guy, nice way to be. ;)
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:29 pm

Marlboro deal not as good as I hoped as I charged power pak for 2 days and battery not taking a charge. Oh, I did pick up another marlboro combo fishing kit at a yard sale this weekend and the church rumage sale was excellent as always.
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:06 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:Marlboro deal not as good as I hoped as I charged power pak for 2 days and battery not taking a charge. Oh, I did pick up another marlboro combo fishing kit at a yard sale this weekend and the church rumage sale was excellent as always.

1): is the charger working?

2): i have no personal exoerience with this but i heard that some types of batteries can be made to take a charge again by freezing them. you might want to do some researchy on that.

good score in the fishing kits! (trade ya! one for a paintpot pot :D )

Daren.......
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

zelph

Postby zelph » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:45 pm

I did alright at a fleamarket on Sat. 2 new Army Mummy sleeping bags for $10.00 Size large, filled to the hilt with Goose Down, maybe chicken feathers :lol: I did'nt need them, I was not in control!!!! :roll:
Give the battery a couple of short bursts of double the voltage. Don't over doit to the point of explosion :o
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:33 pm

(trade ya! one for a paintpot pot )

Throw in the MK1 woodstove and we're in business. ;) Plus I will throw in a "surprise" item that you will like.
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:47 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:
(trade ya! one for a paintpot pot )

Throw in the MK1 woodstove and we're in business. ;) Plus I will throw in a "surprise" item that you will like.

a borde? :mrgreen: :lol:

PM ya!

Daren.........
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

DaddyMnM

Postby DaddyMnM » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:04 pm

I could be wrong, but my guess is that power pak battery is a lead-acid gell cell. If so, it is similar to the one in your car, but is sealed and uses a gelled electrolyte so it is less likely to leak. Lead acid batteries are not normally intended for deep discharge and may (or may not :( ) be recoverable if completely drained. If it is a lead acid gell cell, you may be able to use a charger designed for automotive applications to re-condition it.

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:18 pm

DaddyMnM wrote:I could be wrong, but my guess is that power pak battery is a lead-acid gell cell. If so, it is similar to the one in your car, but is sealed and uses a gelled electrolyte so it is less likely to leak. Lead acid batteries are not normally intended for deep discharge and may (or may not :( ) be recoverable if completely drained. If it is a lead acid gell cell, you may be able to use a charger designed for automotive applications to re-condition it.

When time permits, I will have to disect the unit and determine the best method to try to revive the battery with the tips you guys have given me. Thanks. I had a FireStorm 12v cordless drill that both batteries will not hold a charge more than a few hours. I tried freezing one of the batteries, once drained, then tried to charge it. Now it is totally dead. $30 a pop for batteries is a little salty for my blood. There are people selling, on ebay, some kind of method of resurrecting the dead batteries. One method is to replace all the 1.5v rechargeables inside the unit. My as well buy a new battery. I will keep my eye opened for a reasonably priced B&D 12v battery but in the mean time, I picked up a inexpensive Great Neck 18v Variable speed drill for $20 and a second battery for another $10.

Oops, you have one of the marlboro power Paks. Is the only way to charge it with the 110 adapter ?

oops56

Postby oops56 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:23 am

Ridgerunner wrote:
DaddyMnM wrote:I could be wrong, but my guess is that power pak battery is a lead-acid gell cell. If so, it is similar to the one in your car, but is sealed and uses a gelled electrolyte so it is less likely to leak. Lead acid batteries are not normally intended for deep discharge and may (or may not :( ) be recoverable if completely drained. If it is a lead acid gell cell, you may be able to use a charger designed for automotive applications to re-condition it.

When time permits, I will have to disect the unit and determine the best method to try to revive the battery with the tips you guys have given me. Thanks. I had a FireStorm 12v cordless drill that both batteries will not hold a charge more than a few hours. I tried freezing one of the batteries, once drained, then tried to charge it. Now it is totally dead. $30 a pop for batteries is a little salty for my blood. There are people selling, on ebay, some kind of method of resurrecting the dead batteries. One method is to replace all the 1.5v rechargeables inside the unit. My as well buy a new battery. I will keep my eye opened for a reasonably priced B&D 12v battery but in the mean time, I picked up a inexpensive Great Neck 18v Variable speed drill for $20 and a second battery for another $10.

Oops, you have one of the marlboro power Paks. Is the only way to charge it with the 110 adapter ?

Yep i got one ony use it a little have not try to charge it up latly ok i go out plug it in now
Man play with fire man get burnt

oops56

Postby oops56 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:46 am

Well she on charge it the needle moves by morning i leave it for 2 or 3 days on charge

Man play with fire man get burnt

Return to “Amazing Thrift Store Treasures”