Page 1 of 3

1 ounce size keychain canisters

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:08 pm
by zelph
I got these at a fleamarket Saturday. They might be turned into a stove or something. They're made of stainless steel. 1 ounce fluid capacity.

Image

Re: 1 ounce size keychain canisters

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:17 pm
by irrationalsolutions
thats interesting because i was just looking at one of my waterproof match holders (the metal one) and thinking about making a onetime use stove that could stay in your pocket and use if you needed something fast. its about the same size. you know like an everyday carry type thing. the idea was to also use your keychain fire starter. :D

Re: 1 ounce size keychain canisters

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:44 pm
by zelph
irrationalsolutions wrote:thats interesting because i was just looking at one of my waterproof match holders (the metal one) and thinking about making a onetime use stove that could stay in your pocket and use if you needed something fast. its about the same size. you know like an everyday carry type thing. the idea was to also use your keychain fire starter. :D
Magnesium shavings would be great in there to have as an emergency, start a fire anywhere in the rain type of starter.

Re: 1 ounce size keychain canisters

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:10 pm
by oops56
zelph wrote:I got these at a fleamarket Saturday. They might be turned into a stove or something. They're made of stainless steel. 1 ounce fluid capacity.

Image
I got one at wall mart just a hanging and waiting

Re: 1 ounce size keychain canisters

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:13 pm
by Ridgerunner
Looks like a small opening. Will it seal water tight? might make a great simmering stove. ;)

Re: 1 ounce size keychain canisters

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:18 pm
by zelph
Ridgerunner wrote:Looks like a small opening. Will it seal water tight? might make a great simmering stove. ;)
I'll have to test the seals. I thought they were for holding what Deacon Daren refers to 2 fingers high :lol: or priming fuel :mrgreen:

Re: 1 ounce size keychain canisters

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:36 pm
by DarenN
zelph wrote:
Ridgerunner wrote:Looks like a small opening. Will it seal water tight? might make a great simmering stove. ;)
I'll have to test the seals. I thought they were for holding what Deacon Daren refers to 2 fingers high :lol: or priming fuel :mrgreen:
Harrumph!
way too small for priming fuel. 8-)

Re: 1 ounce size keychain canisters

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:38 pm
by Ridgerunner
oops56 wrote:
zelph wrote:I got these at a fleamarket Saturday. They might be turned into a stove or something. They're made of stainless steel. 1 ounce fluid capacity.

Image
I got one at wall mart just a hanging and waiting
Hurry Oops, the race is on to who will post their stove first ! :lol:

Re: 1 ounce size keychain canisters

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:31 am
by irrationalsolutions
i thought i had something...
the wife went to wallyworld to get a few things and came home. i was helping her unpack and put stuff up and i noticed that she had baught some lip balm that was in a little soda can. so i thought this would make a cool burner for a canister stove. opened it up and it was plastic. :( my heart was broken i thought i had a new toy.

Re: 1 ounce size keychain canisters

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:57 am
by Ridgerunner
irrationalsolutions wrote:i thought i had something...
the wife went to wallyworld to get a few things and came home. i was helping her unpack and put stuff up and i noticed that she had baught some lip balm that was in a little soda can. so i thought this would make a cool burner for a canister stove. opened it up and it was plastic. :( my heart was broken i thought i had a new toy.
IR, I think I bought a couple of them a few months back(orange Crush, Dr. Pepper) They looked aluminum but nah baby nah. After making the pill bottle burner, I realize that the soda can lip balms would have been too small even if they were aluminum. :roll: