Scores of the day!

What have you found in the thrift stores that you can modify or use as is?
realityguy

Re: Scores of the day!

Postby realityguy » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:07 pm

Wow..and shiny too!!!Doesn't look like it's been used at all..Hmm..garage sales..guess I'll have to be hitting a few.Our best days seem to be fridays before all the dealers and lowballers drive the sellers crazy.if you are reasonable,you can get some good deals!That was a real bargain!
I wonder if the seller is still looking for his Trangia.. :lol: .I found a set similar to that at the local thrift store..down in the bottom was one of the orange Schrade paratrooper knives(google that) from the Viet Nam era!..$6.
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:20 pm

Had a pretty good day..got a Lowe Alpine Sirocco pack like brand new..unfortunately it'll only fit the wife :( ...a Prijon kayak paddle..and a half dozen MSR whisperlite and EGK stuff sacks new sealed in the bags..I'll use those for other purposes..I could have bought about 15 of those..for $1.29 each... :lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:06 pm

I'll use those for other purposes..I could have bought about 15 of those..for $1.29 each...

You'll probably go back for the rest tomorrow :mrgreen:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:59 pm

Nope..not worth my time and gas..I bought the only two larger ones for the XGK(might have got that model wrong before) that will fit my hammock(8x18 MSR branded bags) and burrito tent..the rest were about 8x8 with two pockets inside.I imagine one pocket for a cannister and one for the stove..with a drawstring & string lock..and a nylon hanger for the pack..I got enough of those to setup for my micron and also a couple alcohol ones and windscreens..Shipping costs make it not worthwhile to pickup the rest..I did think about it though... :lol:

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:19 pm

Weight is 47 grams per bag..if you get about 5 people that want them at $5 each(with shipping included..for gas,$1.29 each plus sales tax,shipping about $2.00+ each in padded envelopes)..I'll run back and get them.I really didn't think DIY gram counters would be interested in bags that heavy and branded MSR..why I didn't get them. ;) .They are new in the plastic bags.Actually..now that I looked inside they have 4 pockets inside(one covered with a flap)!..appears to be room for a canister,the maintenance kit,the stove,and something else...bottom is about 4x4 flat...
If some people are interested..I can run back in the morning and see if they are still there,buy them up..might be good for hammock hardware!

oops56

Postby oops56 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:17 pm

realityguy wrote:Image

Weight is 47 grams per bag..if you get about 5 people that want them at $5 each(with shipping included..for gas,$1.29 each plus sales tax,shipping about $2.00+ each in padded envelopes)..I'll run back and get them.I really didn't think DIY gram counters would be interested in bags that heavy and branded MSR..why I didn't get them. ;) .They are new in the plastic bags.Actually..now that I looked inside they have 4 pockets inside(one covered with a flap)!..appears to be room for a canister,the maintenance kit,the stove,and something else...bottom is about 4x4 flat...
If some people are interested..I can run back in the morning and see if they are still there,buy them up..might be good for hammock hardware!

i am in for 1 or 2 in nuff to go around
Man play with fire man get burnt

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:22 pm

As long as some people want them..I'll go back and pick them up if they are still there,oops!
Dang people forcing me to go thrift store shopping! :lol:
They do look like pretty handy bags!The bags were sealed up when I bought them so I didn't realize they had more pockets inside.Of course if you get more than one,I''ll just charge what the shipping costs for them together(reduce the amount appropriately...)Maybe I'll ask and see if they are putting more out..other ones... :DB:

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:14 pm

Dang people forcing me to go thrift store shopping! :lol:

I bet you just hate that!!!! :lol:

I was in a thrift store yesterday and they had 5 or 6 "wrist guards"(hockey) that were packaged in that type of sack/bag. $2.00 each originally $9.99. I said nahhhh!!! I passed on the opportunity. :o

On second thought I think I'll go back and get 2 :lol:

You talked me into it!!!! :lol:

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:06 pm

Okay..I've got 10 total to sell..selling them by two at a time at $6($3 each by pairs) with shipping included..nets me about $5 total to pay for the gas...Oops has two(oops..give me a PM)..who wants another two?If I sell them as pairs,the shipping decreases to make it defintely worthwhile...They come sealed in the sales bag .Sorry..no more of the XGK ones..

Here's a picture of the actual size filled with a fullsized 24oz heine pot w/lid on one side,a bottle of heet and that canister stove(simplicity),and the preformed 3 legged separate potstand on the other side pocket,matches in one of the two middle pockets,and I could roll a windscreen around the heinekin can...Just to give you an idea of size...about 8x8 with about a 4x4 bottom..with a drawstring and string lock,a separate nylon webbing hanger,and a nice purdy MSR colored logo.WOO HOO!

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:19 pm

I never made it out to get the ones I mentioned :roll:

I'll take 2 of yours :D PM me with your paypal info.

Return to “Amazing Thrift Store Treasures”