gold colored pot

What have you found in the thrift stores that you can modify or use as is?
irrationalsolutions

Re: gold colored pot

Postby irrationalsolutions » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:21 pm

the thing i'm wondering about is the coating on it. will that hold up to being used as a camping pot? stuff like mostly boiling water or making pasta. the real reason i picked it up was for baking. i thought with it i could leave the little rack in it and put what ever i wanted to bake in inside it.
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:32 pm

irrationalsolutions wrote:the thing i'm wondering about is the coating on it. will that hold up to being used as a camping pot? stuff like mostly boiling water or making pasta. the real reason i picked it up was for baking. i thought with it i could leave the little rack in it and put what ever i wanted to bake in inside it.

IR, you can bake in it. Use a stove that has a simmer mode and you can use Zelph's method of putting a little water in the bottom and when it boils out, it will start to brown. Find a small pie or cacke tin to fill with your baked goods and set on top of the rack. I have baked in it a couple times but not nearly enough to give you a report on the finish of the pot. So far, OK ! ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:29 pm

Well..I saw one(5-6"?) today fo a couple bucks but passed on it.I think I might already have one.I've got to
pull out my cooking junk and start sorting out keepers and sellers..really see what I have.The wife is leaving town for a week or so..figure I can pull all that stuff out then,set up a table in HER portion of the garage..and not get caught.. :lol: :DB: :DB: Whew!For a minute there,I thought someone killed the banana! :shock:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:54 pm

realityguy wrote:Well..I saw one(5-6"?) today fo a couple bucks but passed on it.I think I might already have one.I've got to
pull out my cooking junk and start sorting out keepers and sellers..really see what I have.The wife is leaving town for a week or so..figure I can pull all that stuff out then,set up a table in HER portion of the garage..and not get caught.. :lol: :DB: :DB: Whew!For a minute there,I thought someone killed the banana! :shock:

WhoooWhee!!! we might get to see some really good stuff come out when she's gone.

I've yet to use one of my "3 gold pots" why did I purchase the 2nd and 3rd?????? It's in my blood!!!!! :fuel:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

irrationalsolutions

Postby irrationalsolutions » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:00 pm

well zelph since you have three of them doesnt that mean you need three different stoves for them?
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:56 am

irrationalsolutions wrote:well zelph since you have three of them doesnt that mean you need three different stoves for them?

Yes, one for a campfire, they certainly look like they would hold up well in direct campfire flames and hot coals. They are well made pots. They can be picked up by the knob on top, no side handle required. Easy storage.

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:02 am

Ridgerunner wrote:They also came in two sizes. I have a couple of the smaller size.

does anyone know how well the two sizes nest together?

"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:11 am

DarenN wrote:
Ridgerunner wrote:They also came in two sizes. I have a couple of the smaller size.

I've only seen them in one size. RR is the one we need to hear from.

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:16 pm

zelph wrote:
DarenN wrote:

I've only seen them in one size. RR is the one we need to hear from.

Well it took awhile to find the larger one but I finally came across it at our community yard sale. I think i remember telling Daren I thought they would surely nest together :oops: :oops: Well, the larger one is bigger in diameter but shallower in height so they will not nest together! :(
DSCF2354.JPG
Two sizes of Rival Bread and Cake pots for crockpot cooking !
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:16 pm

Your stovie eyes zoomed in on that one :mrgreen:

I sure do like how the lids lock on. No need for a bail or handle.

Return to “Amazing Thrift Store Treasures”