Okay..once in a while the swap meet pans out!

What have you found in the thrift stores that you can modify or use as is?
realityguy

Okay..once in a while the swap meet pans out!

Postby realityguy » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:01 pm

I played the game of "beat the dealers to the punch" and look what I got at the local swap meet today!--->

Old Coleman 530 needs a pump handle and new knob and screw..The Optimus has a dent and needs some polishing..and a new rubber seal for the pump handle..the '64 Coleman has a couple paint rubs but otherwise doesn't appear to have ever been used(and the wrong box,didn't notice until I got home with it :cry: )
I also got a carabiner with a knife,two screwdrivers and a can-opener on it by kershaw,;good quality one...and another knife small lightweight folding Timberlite pocket knife.
The final thing was a box with plastic rings and 7 lawndarts(and parts) I'm going to sell(probably go in a day!) to pay for it all... :mrgreen: :DB: :DB: :DP: :DP:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Re: Okay..once in a while the swap meet pans out!

Postby zelph » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:16 pm

I like swap meets, they always work for me!!!

The final thing was a box with plastic rings and 7 lawndarts(and parts) I'm going to sell(probably go in a day!) to pay for it all... :mrgreen: :DB: :DB: :DP: :DP:

That's the best part of getting good deals :mrgreen:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:46 pm

Optimus 45..haven't seen one of those in about 10 years!I'll have to have oops post a picture of one for the potstand shape(hint..see I even assumed he HAS one.. :mrgreen: ).I think all it needs is the rubber cup down in the pump..otherwise it should work great.

The 502..has probably been used once..has a slightdiscolor on the burner and cross tube..oh well,otherwise everything works well.The old 530 appears marked A47(year?) and is minus the nut over the valve and the knob stem has been "pliered"..oh well..it's a project for sure..needs a pump stem also and seal for that..has a couple small dents..someday I'll find another... :D
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:01 pm

These are the knives..don't really need anything large..shown lifesize in the photobucket picture...Image

I think I posted a canopener..really it's a bottle opener..good for brewskis :mrgreen:

zelph

Postby zelph » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:05 pm

realityguy wrote:Optimus 45..haven't seen one of those in about 10 years!I'll have to have oops post a picture of one for the potstand shape(hint..see I even assumed he HAS one.. :mrgreen: ).I think all it needs is the rubber cup down in the pump..otherwise it should work great.

The 502..has probably been used once..has a slightdiscolor on the burner and cross tube..oh well,otherwise everything works well.The old 530 appears marked A47(year?) and is minus the nut over the valve and the knob stem has been "pliered"..oh well..it's a project for sure..needs a pump stem also and seal for that..has a couple small dents..someday I'll find another... :D

Put them on a shelf with a note tag hanging off that tells whats needed. Eventually you'll come across one that you can salvage parts.

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:35 pm

I noticed a parts place has listed "leather" for the pumps..wonder if that's a possibility..got lots of that... I saw the "question mark" shaped pot stands but they are supposed to have a largecast iron plate for on top.

Put them on a shelf with a note tag hanging off that tells whats needed. Eventually you'll come across one that you can salvage parts.

Is that why oops's basement looks like a war memorial? :o
:lol:

That timberlite(USA) knife had me stumped for awhile on how to close it..You need to grab the blade and pull straight out with the thing an 1/8" or so..then it will close...71(Kershaw/Kai Japan) and 41 grams(Timberlite)

irrationalsolutions

Postby irrationalsolutions » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:07 pm

sounds like you had some fun and found some stuff you wanted.
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:31 pm

Some more treasures for the chest ! :lol: Good finds RG ! ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:42 pm

That timberlite(USA) knife had me stumped for awhile on how to close it..You need to grab the blade and pull straight out with the thing an 1/8" or so..then it will close...71(Kershaw/Kai Japan) and 41 grams(Timberlite)

Makes the find more interesting :mrgreen:

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:19 pm

I'll be leaving town in the morning for my other house on the peninsula..Of course on the way..I have to pass three thrift stores I haven't been to for a few months.(drool).. :mrgreen:

Return to “Amazing Thrift Store Treasures”