Okay..once in a while the swap meet pans out!

What have you found in the thrift stores that you can modify or use as is?
realityguy

Re: Okay..once in a while the swap meet pans out!

Postby realityguy » Tue May 12, 2009 11:22 pm

That is the only one left around here I can think of.They do still run movies in the evenings,swap meet during the day.They had one down south that did the same thing but they tore it down a couple years ago and put a Lowes in its place.
Hawaii had a couple(swap meets AND drive-ins) I could remember at Waialae-Kahala in Honolulu and Waipahu,but that was back in the 70s.I know they still have an annual swap meet at the Aloha Stadium.
Back in 1969,When I was living in hawaii,I went out to Makaha in the country;went to the local really old theater with a friend there.You paid for your ticket,bought your popcorn and drink,then walked through the door ..to sit on wooden benches over dirt..under the stars and palm trees!.. :lol: ..that was weird!..but nice.Makaha is on the DRY west shore thankfully.. :mrgreen:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Tue May 12, 2009 11:26 pm

My "high school" drive-in is about 5-6 blocks from where I live here..now has 2 thrift stores,a bank,and an international food store. So I'm still "gettin' lucky" after all these years..just not the same way! :mrgreen:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed May 13, 2009 10:03 am

None left in my immediate area, a few left in the Chicago are burbs. I had to google and came up with this cool site:

http://www.driveinmovie.com/

Infra red audio seems to be the latest upgrade :roll:

When I was in my teens, my mother and father would sell at the drive in fleamarkets in chicago. It's no wonder I'm such a DIY kinda guy. :mrgreen: Always using second hand stuff to make something or modifying it to make it better.

Drive-ins were for making out not watching movies :DB:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Return to “Amazing Thrift Store Treasures”