Went Fleabagging yesterday

What have you found in the thrift stores that you can modify or use as is?
Ridgerunner

Went Fleabagging yesterday

Postby Ridgerunner » Thu May 21, 2009 1:14 pm

The weather was great and the venders turned out in groves. They ran out of room in the field and were setting up in the parking lot, actually blocking some people in. :lol: The area in not known for backpacking gear so you grab what you can. I just missed another Eddie Bauer backpacking tent for $10....15seconds...Grrr. I searched high and low for one burner stoves...none. Lots of 2 and a few 3burners and plenty or lanterns. The shed is full of those. :lol: I left the place out only $7 for the following 3 items. The stack pot set looks to have good "baking" possibilities. ;)
http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee287/Ridgerunner56/?action=view&current=DSCF2191.jpg
http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee287/Ridgerunner56/?action=view&current=DSCF2192.jpg
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Re: Went Fleabagging yesterday

Postby zelph » Thu May 21, 2009 6:24 pm

The pot set looks interesting. Is it a super steamer set of some kind???

Next time get there earlier fot the Br tent :DP:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

irrationalsolutions

Postby irrationalsolutions » Thu May 21, 2009 8:03 pm

looks like you did well!
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Fri May 22, 2009 1:01 am

zelph wrote:The pot set looks interesting. Is it a super steamer set of some kind???

Next time get there earlier fot the Br tent :DP:

Was there plenty early! My fault. I was walking a row of venders just outside one of the sale barns and decided to duck in the barn to look around. Stuff is usually higher inside but I have found some camping gear and a few 2cup coffee pots inside. If I had just continued my course outside, I would have snagged the tent. :taz: I like the lit'l 2cup brewer w/coffee basket. ;) I have 4 or 5 of those little buggers around here somewhere :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

irrationalsolutions

Postby irrationalsolutions » Fri May 22, 2009 1:27 am

i know what you mean. i went to a thrift store once and stopped to look at something at another store in the parking lot. after that as i was walking into the thrift store someone picked up a coleman 2 burner stove still in the box for 3.50. if i hadnt stopped to look at something i wasnt going to buy anyway i could have had it.

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Fri May 22, 2009 8:24 am

irrationalsolutions wrote:i know what you mean. i went to a thrift store once and stopped to look at something at another store in the parking lot. after that as i was walking into the thrift store someone picked up a coleman 2 burner stove still in the box for 3.50. if i hadnt stopped to look at something i wasnt going to buy anyway i could have had it.

Yep, fortunately or unfortunately, that's the way it works out at times. Maybe that is someones way of telling us we really didn't need that item anyway :roll: NOT ! :lol:

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri May 22, 2009 8:29 am

I like the lit'l 2cup brewer w/coffee basket. I have 4 or 5 of those little buggers around here somewhere

I like them also and have a few. I have a 1 cup basket brewer also.

They're so cute!!!!!! I don't even drink coffee :o
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Fri May 22, 2009 9:00 am

I don't even drink coffee

I would have never guessed that one. :P
Cup of tea,mate?

irrationalsolutions

Postby irrationalsolutions » Sat May 23, 2009 1:35 am

i like energy drinks but to tell you the truth i dont really drink that much coffee either. i think thats because the wife took over my maker and the stuff she makes isnt much stronger than sweet tea, and the tea tastes better. when i make it the she says that its like expresso.

on the trail i do like coffee because i can make it for me and not have to worry about what anyone else likes.

Return to “Amazing Thrift Store Treasures”