Good day.. more goodies!

What have you found in the thrift stores that you can modify or use as is?
realityguy

Re: Good day.. more goodies!

Postby realityguy » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:37 pm

Here's what else I got today...Eddie Bauer..real clean but has that nylon smell... I'm airring it out...has a pocket for a pillow,pocket for a thermarest,totally waterproof underneath..How come they only used uncoated ripstop nylon for the top??? :o ..pretty cool though!It's laying over the rail.The pocket for the thermarest is 24" wide so it's wider than that..roomy.. :mrgreen:
Last edited by realityguy on Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:09 pm

What was the price on that one????
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:25 pm

Buck and a half... :mrgreen:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:58 pm

realityguy wrote:Buck and a half... :mrgreen:

Another good deal!!!! Way to go :D

irrationalsolutions

Postby irrationalsolutions » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:11 pm

how do you do that. all those good deals.
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:36 pm

okay..now I'm really getting spoiled...Today..luxury 2"thickx 24x72 thermorest wrapped in a "thermarest easy chair"....at about 10% of retail. :mrgreen: ..Ah..no Ucos.. :cry:

I hadn't found anything at that thrift store for quite awhile(since I was finding all the boots) and almost passed them up today..but I hit the St. Vincent's next store (yyk zippers 38" long,12 for 25cents each..kindof big ones,oh well)and figured..what the heck..I'll check them out since I was there.I had a coupon also for "buy something over $10,get something up to $10 for free..and picked up a flyweight nylon vest($8) for having front pockets while hiking..for my freebie...I think it'll pack down to one of the pocket sizes.. :DB: :DB:

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:42 pm

Another nice find. I always wanted to try the thermarest conversion chair but have save $$ by just opting for a 1" closed cell foam Heat Seat and just use my backpack or a tree for a back rest plus I use it to set things on under my hammock, such as my pack, so they don't get wet.
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:46 am

realityguy wrote:Well..I'll be darned! Two Ucos in two days..same thrift store! :mrgreen:
:

DANG!! i like that brass one!! never seen a brass one before. i want one!!!!
i have the same one in aluminum. i sure don't like the painted ones. they look cheap to me.
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:17 pm

Welcome back,Daren!..I'm assuming you had a nice trip with the weather we've been having around here. ;) You haven't missed much.. :lol:

Brass one!Only one I've ever seen,why I'm keeping that one.It's got some spots and tarnish(and needs inside cleaning and candles) but I can live with that.I'm keeping the other tealite one also..since I've got a bag of about 40 tealites the right size..

zelph

Postby zelph » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:21 pm

It's got some spots and tarnish(and needs inside cleaning and candles) but I can live with that.

In the long run you'll regret keeping it. It'll take up too much room and continue to tarnish. It would be best you sell it here to one us :D

Return to “Amazing Thrift Store Treasures”