Gotta new sweetheart!Ain't she purdy?!Don't tell the wife!

What have you found in the thrift stores that you can modify or use as is?
realityguy

Gotta new sweetheart!Ain't she purdy?!Don't tell the wife!

Postby realityguy » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:42 pm

Well..she's probably only been camping once or twice...Please..no drooling! :o

:mrgreen:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

DarenN

Re: Gotta new sweetheart!Ain't she purdy?!Don't tell the wife!

Postby DarenN » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:39 pm

NICE!!!
how much?
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:45 pm

$4... :lol: This one is staying at home for a long,long time... ;)

And I didn't even have to wear a mask this time... :mrgreen:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:53 pm

realityguy wrote:$4... :lol: This one is staying at home for a long,long time... ;)

you sir are a bandit! i'd probably hate you if i didn't already think you were a pretty decent fellow. ;) :lol:
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

irrationalsolutions

Postby irrationalsolutions » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:54 pm

nice find! you did very well!
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:50 pm

you sir are a bandit!

They priced it..I paid what they asked..is it my fault they didn't know what it was? :lol: I told you I didn't wear the mask today. ;) (didn't have to.. :mrgreen: )
I don't argue about their prices at that store unless they are really ridiculously high..like all the stuff they put in the "collectible"s case..priced at mint ebay prices...Most is nothing near mint..There's a couple ladies that price there that think everything is a gold mine!The rest of them price stuff to move it!

oops56

Postby oops56 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:47 am

Where is this place i tell them they got rip off it should have been 6.00 :lol: :lol:

Now if that was mine i seal in wax put on shelf
Man play with fire man get burnt

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:04 am

Where is this place i tell them they got rip off it should have been 6.00 :lol: :lol:

Yeah..I wouldn't have argued at $6 either..now $8 I might have!.. :mrgreen:

It does have a tarnish spot like it got some water down in front near the bottom on one shot.If I polish it,Zelph will give me some crap about "removing its character"... :lol:

Zelph,can I remove the $4 sticker? :lol: It still has the original one of $24.95!

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:26 am

Oops!Got a question..It appears it's still got the first full tank of white gas in it!..filled to the brim.They might have just tested it by the looks of it.I saw one small wisp of soot about 1/8" up one side of the top,wiped it off with my finger.Anyway..would it be better to leave it full and the seal wet on the cap?..or empty it out..or empty it and burn the gases out of it or what?..to store it long term.The cap gasket seems great as it is barely tightened and not leaking at all..like new.What would you do(besides seal it in wax..)?

oops56

Postby oops56 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:12 am

realityguy wrote:Oops!Got a question..It appears it's still got the first full tank of white gas in it!..filled to the brim.They might have just tested it by the looks of it.I saw one small wisp of soot about 1/8" up one side of the top,wiped it off with my finger.Anyway..would it be better to leave it full and the seal wet on the cap?..or empty it out..or empty it and burn the gases out of it or what?..to store it long term.The cap gasket seems great as it is barely tightened and not leaking at all..like new.What would you do(besides seal it in wax..)?

Coleman fuel be ok left in tank be ok. but never full tank to the top just 3/4 full.Now if kept in house best to empty tank let air out. If you ever need to fire i can help you to do it.There is a good way bay way my way :lol: :lol: Plus there more then meets the eye like 2 burnt fingers.Oh never us reg gas only in a pinch
Man play with fire man get burnt

Return to “Amazing Thrift Store Treasures”