Gotta new sweetheart!Ain't she purdy?!Don't tell the wife!

What have you found in the thrift stores that you can modify or use as is?
realityguy

Re: Gotta new sweetheart!Ain't she purdy?!Don't tell the wife!

Postby realityguy » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:24 am

I wonder if it was a fluke at the manufacturer and might make it MUCH more valuable, like $21 :lol:

Sold!You said shipping was $4,right? :mrgreen: You've still got my address,don't you? :lol:

It appears they only go for about $60 on ebay now..pretty regularly..put out in the early 70s'I thought they were older than that!
I'm waiting for another UCO..send you two at once... ;)
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:28 am

One more thing..reading their history..I imagine that it got sold to one or the other and was leftover stock from the previous company at the time of the sale...Rather than change the can or throw it away and waste another,they probably stamped over it(probably by Optimus) to keep the guarantee valid.. and advertise their new company.It even may be worth more..like a misprint on a coin..just because it can be traced to a specific date and being a factory oddball.
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:05 pm

Got me another nice lil' two burner propane stove the other day and found the right "egg" pan for it today! :o ..Now I need one more pan for cooking the bacon! :mrgreen:

Time to go hiking and trying it out!Hey Zelph!Can I borrow your pack horse?

:DB: :DB: :lol:

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:34 pm

Sure!!! use my packhorse anytime :D You're going to be able to deep fry some turkey on that little burner along with a dozen goose eggs just for the fun of it :lol:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:22 pm

you'll find the goose eggs just after the Mrs. finds out about the new stove. they'll probably be raised by the new frypan. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:36 am

She hasn't found that one yet..I've got a BIG,MESSY garage.. :lol:

I'm going to have to buy an ostrich egg to try the pan out... :mrgreen:

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:38 pm

DarenN wrote:you'll find the goose eggs just after the Mrs. finds out about the new stove. they'll probably be raised by the new frypan. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good one Daren!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

She'll have a few choice words to go along with the swinging of the pan. The choice words will preface BIG MESSY GARAGE :lol: :lol:

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:58 pm

Actually..as long as there is room for her car on her portion..she doesn't bother my side..It's only when she can't get the pathfinder in for a few days that she gets a little miffed.
The winter I built my 10' Don Hill Mini drifter..that was a "miffed" winter..since her side was the only one heated while I put on about 6-7 coats of varnish in and out... :mrgreen: That was a tough month around here..Let's just say the next time I do that will be in the summertime... :o

..and yes after that.. she didn't argue about adding heat in my shop... :mrgreen:

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:48 am

Sounds like you have the perfect wife :D Keep her!!!!!! ;)

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:27 am

You just have to give them options they understand..."Well,let's see I can have heat in my garage..or ..you can scrape ice off your windshield every morning this winter"...YOU GET HEAT!
See? :lol:

Return to “Amazing Thrift Store Treasures”