a good one!

What have you found in the thrift stores that you can modify or use as is?
irrationalsolutions

Re: a good one!

Postby irrationalsolutions » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:10 pm

i think we should all leave the poor man alone. he is doing stove testing. dont yall remember step one? prime the stovie!
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:45 pm

Well..I didn't give him a bad time..because good neighbors share!..or so I heard.. :o

:lol: (don't worry Daren..I don't drink vodka)
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:28 am

Ridgerunner wrote:If The Deke finished off two bottles while out island hopping, this is what he might see if he looked at himself in his signal mirror :o

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee287/Ridgerunner56/DeaconDaren.jpg :lol: :lol: :lol:

HAH!! you're busted! you photoshopped my drivers lisence photo! i'm really only missing one front tooth. :lol:
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:14 am

Daren the "Stove Deacon"

I never cared much for a stove that needed to be primed :o

The "Stove Deacon" is an exception, I like him :D
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:06 am

DarenN wrote:
Ridgerunner wrote:If The Deke finished off two bottles while out island hopping, this is what he might see if he looked at himself in his signal mirror :o

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee287/Ridgerunner56/DeaconDaren.jpg :lol: :lol: :lol:

HAH!! you're busted! you photoshopped my drivers lisence photo! i'm really only missing one front tooth. :lol:

You got me! But, the key words are "If" you finished off two bottles and"what you"might"see when looking in your signal mirror. Lord only knows how many more teeth you might loose staggering into trees and falling onto rocks. :lol: :lol:

I'm curious, if it took you two days to paddle home, could you drop anchor and slide down into your kayak for a rock-a-bye sleep? :lol: :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:14 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:I'm curious, if it took you two days to paddle home, could you drop anchor and slide down into your kayak for a rock-a-bye sleep?

no. there is a bulkhead just in front of where my feet normaly are when paddling.

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:39 pm

DarenN wrote:
Ridgerunner wrote:I'm curious, if it took you two days to paddle home, could you drop anchor and slide down into your kayak for a rock-a-bye sleep?

no. there is a bulkhead just in front of where my feet normaly are when paddling.

I figured that! Storage space to the max. So, you would have to drop anchor, roll your sleeping pad and bag out on the deck and strap yourself down and hope for calm waters. :lol: :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:42 pm

All right, i'm done. Just pullin' your leg Daren. I'm just envious that I don't have a kayak and live near good waters. :lol:

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:55 pm

just recently there was talk about a woman paddler circumnavigating Australia by kayak. i heard she slept in her boat, sitting up, on some of the longer trips. she's a bit of a legend amongst kayakers. Freya Hoffmiester (sp).

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:41 pm

Couldn't you just attach that inflatable outrigger you kayakers always carry with you when you think you might get..ah.. "tipsy"? :mrgreen:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Return to “Amazing Thrift Store Treasures”