thrift store goodies today...

What have you found in the thrift stores that you can modify or use as is?
realityguy

thrift store goodies today...

Postby realityguy » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:30 pm

Anyway..got some questions:
Hey Cuz.. is this the flashlight you posted? :o ..it has 4 'on' buttons around the perimeter..a red,blue or green LED,or 3 white leds..or any combo of the six leds!About 1" by 4" long w/ a sheathw/carabiner and called a "Coast LED Lenser"..looks like new, has batteries(3-AAA) and I paid $10 for it.. :DB:

Next is a peper spray pack,new in the package with two small 1/2 OZ units(6-8') and a 2oz unit(10-15') for $7..Will it work on bears? :o ..The missus can have the small ones...one for the car,one for her purse.. :mrgreen:

Some fiberglass cloth in a pack for $2..replaces what I use for wicked stoves.. guess I'll have to make some more ;)

And a couple small really lightweight knives.. small used Buck knife in a sheath and a Case Mini Buckhorn knife(Weighs nothing!..1-7/8" blade..lifetime guarantee) in the package at $4 each..Now I can hang one from every pack.. :DB: :mrgreen:

Other stuff...Zelph..I added some better pictures in that Goat Flats folder that shows the small meadows better they pitched their tents in.The area is mostly exposed rock with lichen and heather,some small hard-life firs,spruce, or pine with small flat patches of meadows about 20' across..they picked one of those to camp in.There are more meadows by the main trail(see the "cloud" photos)..We stayed there a couple hours eating lunch and chatting hoping the clouds would lift..instead it did just the opposite and became almost a white out before we left(fog pictures were when we were leaving).I added more pictures that shows the tents better and the bad weather..nothing spectacular..some trail shots near the top.The bottom was thick woods about 1/2 way up as far as Saddle Lake with the trail sides mostly blueberry bushes.3/4ths of the way up it turned into upper meadows,smaller trees,and tarns.
Hoepfully the weather will hold and we'll be back up there next weekend...crossing my fingers..we want the 360 degree views!
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

realityguy

Re: thrift store goodies today...

Postby realityguy » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:55 pm

Cuz..never mind about the light..this is the one I got today with a sheath:
http://www.meregear.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=92

Kewl! :DB: :DP: :mrgreen:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:10 pm

I have a similar Coast light. Same style but has one red and 6? white leds. They use to sell for $40 but are down to $25. The little sucker is blinding on the white mode. I picked mine up on ebay. Coast made an model for Eddie Bauer :D
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:00 pm

I saw that one on the coast website..think it's called a led lenser V and it only has 2 off/on buttons instead of 4..some are listed with only a back off/on button also.IR and I were looking at their "bad boy light" with 1070 lumens..heh,heh,heh...that retails for a mere $500. :o ..

http://www.coastportland.com/displayPro ... &mastCat=5

When you show up in a dark campground,give them about two seconds of daylight and they won't complain about a "few LEDs" anymore... :mrgreen:

The one I have(77364) has 4 switches so you can use any combo or all at once(3W,1R,1B,1G)...seems to run $40-60 depending on which dealer...I guess I got my $10 worth..with a sheath and batteries.
Today I picked up a large Lowe Alpine camping fanny pack for $3(has a second cordlocked pocket that unzips for a small sleeping bag or tent and a couple straps for other stuff,plus a large regular pocket with 5-6 others inside..big enough for a summer overnight!) and a 7" B&D Industrial Timberwolf Grinder with a 30 grit disc for $10(to clean the paint off pepsi can stoves.. :lol: ) ,some SOS suspenders for another $5,and a long sleeve REI polyestor "dry" shirt for $3 ...so I did okay.. :DB:

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:14 am

even if you have to do a recharge on those SOSpenders, you stole 'em!
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:05 am

even if you have to do a recharge on those SOSpenders, you stole 'em!

I know that..Last time I saw a couple come in on the bottom shelf of the cart..it took me a few seconds to comprehend the labels and some lady grabbed them both :evil: ..that was about 2 months ago.This one actually made it to the shelf!I was just looking for compression sacks..Hmm..what's this?It had been opened..someone must have been trying to figure out what it was..I knew..been looking for a set for flyfishing in the driftboat...
:DB: :lol:

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:49 pm

Geehsh!!!! I need to get out more and start looking deep into the nooks a kranies for these good deals you guys are finding :P

Thanks for the directions to the photos RG, I'll checkem out tomorrow.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:37 am

Zelph..guess you've been gone awhile. :lol: .we went back to Goat Flats and beyond--->
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=2950

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:02 am

realityguy wrote:Zelph..guess you've been gone awhile. :lol: .we went back to Goat Flats and beyond--->
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=2950

:oops: I missed that one, the hurrier I go the behinder I get :roll: I'm way behind :(
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Return to “Amazing Thrift Store Treasures”