Heh..heh..heh..look what I got today!

What have you found in the thrift stores that you can modify or use as is?
realityguy

Heh..heh..heh..look what I got today!

Postby realityguy » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:48 pm

Look what I got today!

I got two trekking poles for $4 for the pair,a caddis U-boat float tube for $10,a reflectasol studio "light umbrella" and a Norman stand(If you are a photographer,you know what these go for!)for $5..and some extra large trash bags for $1(Hey Cisco!..poncho size!)...Yes..it was a good day... :DB: :DB: :DB:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Re: Heh..heh..heh..MJ gram-weenie sunglasses ...10 grams!

Postby zelph » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:20 pm

Boy!!! It sure was a good one. Unbelievable the cost of the sunglasses and someone just donated them away :roll: :roll:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:27 pm

Good day indeed. I never heard of that brand of sunglasses but the look real nice. Going to take the u-boat float fishing?
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:16 pm

Good day indeed. I never heard of that brand of sunglasses but the look real nice. Going to take the u-boat float fishing?

Nah..just gonna float down a river with a beer in my hand,cooler tied to the side ..wearing my new shades... :mrgreen:

I already hid them from the wife..she paid retail for hers.. :lol: ..never would tell me how much they were..Now I know why!

I just showed them to her..now I really have to hide them... :lol: Aw..she said she only paid about $135 for hers...She must have bought their cheapos... :mrgreen:

Model # is 502-23..copper frames,rose colored lenses...There's a pair going off on ebay now without the case for $115 and 3 hours to go.Some people are selling them new on ebay with a B-I-N at $160 or so

Float tube u-boat..last one I sold on craigs for $100.I've sold about 6 float tubes this year from about $40 to that u-boat I sold before..Most go $40-60,buy for about $10-15.My knees have gotten bad so I can't pump fins for too long any more.I get across a lake and have to walk back on shore. :cry: Give me a boat instead! ;)
I'm probably going to sell my okumi driftboat and pick up an inflatable pontoon boat instead.I'm protesting the gawd-awful fish and game department's crap ao I bagged fishing/licensing this year and it turned out to be the best in the last 20 years!That sucks! :evil:
The east side of the state they've actually doubled the limits to 4 steelhead per day(or 5 on some rivers) and don't allow catch and release..gotta keep what you catch if you can!They've even opened up a new small river for the first time on the east side.. Reason?They want to kill as many of the hatchery fish because the run has doubled this year.They are afraid that the spawning beds will be overrun with hatchery fish and the native steelhead won't be able to spawn..creating problems in the future with probably closed areas..for protecting dwindling runs of native fish from extinction...
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:07 pm

Whooa, sounds like you really picked the wrong year to bag your fishing license. :P
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:54 pm

Don't I know it.. :cry: ..but it was getting up to about $65 per year and no damn fish..unless you are native american..I gave up giving away my money for nothing!

Anyway..went back to the thrift store to grab some of the other glasses that came in..revolution,silouhette,and another expensive brand that were prescription ones but had the titanium flex frames and other light frames..Picked up three pair that the frames alone run about $150.I can take them to walmart,supply my own frames,and get my prescription/options put in for peanuts compared to adding the cost of the frames.
A friend of mine liked nice italian frames on his prescription ones and did the same thing all the time at walmart!
I also found another reflectol photo studio umbrella with a norman stand and a couple norman strobes,stand and powerpack in another large canvas bag..probably worth about $400!I really wanted to stay to see if more of the studio was coming out..but had to leave... :cry: I spent another $18 for the studio stuff.
Also picked up a stanley block plane ,another 14" bailey/stanley plane,a double sided limb saw,and a specialty scraper with replacable blades..all for $2 each.The guy in the back must have gotten bored and just started makring everything $2!
They did get me for $5 for a full three layer sewing box full of junk,must have been a different pricer.I can't really use much inside but did need a good size box for all my crap..so I picked that up also..another good day!Too bad I'm leaving town for a few... :cry:

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:16 pm

sounds like some cool stuff shows up in the fall. :D
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:44 am

DarenN wrote:sounds like some cool stuff shows up in the fall. :D

Heck Daren, it sounds like cool stuff shows up year round !!!!

Cuz, good tip on taking the frames to Wal-mart and saving $$$$$

and....your not wasting money on fishing license as the DNR uses those moneys for good causes some of which is stocking local lakes.I look at it as "donating" to support the sports that I love. It doesn't hurt anymore using that logic ! :lol:

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:27 pm

Reason?They want to kill as many of the hatchery fish because the run has doubled this year.They are afraid that the spawning beds will be overrun with hatchery fish and the native steelhead won't be able to spawn..creating problems in the future with probably closed areas..for protecting dwindling runs of native fish from extinction...

"Man" screws up again :o
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Return to “Amazing Thrift Store Treasures”