Vintage Campways candle lantern..

What have you found in the thrift stores that you can modify or use as is?
Ridgerunner

Re: Vintage Campways candle lantern..

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:09 pm

"Honey..can I add on a sewing room?"
"yes sweetie, just section off another corner of your storage area.......I mean the garage. Just make sure there is room for my car!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:29 pm

Here you go cuz. Fix your lantern and have some spares. :lol:
http://cgi.ebay.com/CLEAR-MICA-ISINGLASS-ANTIQUE-STOVES-STOVE-WINDOW_W0QQitemZ290389325204QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item439c8d7594
A google search for MICA-ISINGLASS will find you retail single sheets available.
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:45 pm

Hmm..I could put away my flytying material and use that area for my sewing.
Here's my sewing cabinet I bought with a table top that extends out about 7-8' long with the machine in the middle..
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:30 pm

Cool piece of furniture. I like the way the chair looks like part of the cabinet when pushed underneath! Nice find!

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:47 am

i want one. they sure thought about useing available space, huh. drawers under the seat.
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:03 pm

Actually..the left side is one door that opens up the full height with two shelves..for material and projects.The right side is individual drawers..all in old looking oak.The seat does have two large drawers under it.I need to get a nice piece of leather and unscrew the seat cushion from underneath and redo it..can't stand the yellow vinyl.
What was really cool..all this was in it!They forgot to clean out the thing before slapping a $25 price tag on it!

I can resell the feet/most accessories easily and get what I need(and pay me back my $25) for my machine..but the 13 steel bobbins and 27 needles(including a couple doubles) do fit my machines.
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Atlanta Boy

Postby Atlanta Boy » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:27 pm

I came across your posting regarding vintage Campways Folding Camp Candle Lanterns. I have two of these lanterns that I purchased when I was a Boy Scout 35 years ago. They are in good shape – they have the original mica windows. I recently lost my job and am selling a few items. Are you interested? Please make me an offer.

Return to “Amazing Thrift Store Treasures”