A New Katadyn Combi Water Filter!

What have you found in the thrift stores that you can modify or use as is?
realityguy

A New Katadyn Combi Water Filter!

Postby realityguy » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:43 am

I can picture it perfectly..two thrift store pricers looking at this thing and scratching their heads.."What is it,Fred?"I don't know..but because it isn't used,put a cheap price on it and some fool will buy it!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well..guess I'm that fool! :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :DB: :DB: :DB:

I forgot I even found this last week until reading mention of a water filter on this site..I don't think I've ever bought anything at this St. Vincent thrift store before except for one broken camera that I sold for parts and got my money back.95% of their items are overpriced,4.9% are junk..and the other .1 of one percent I found this time.. ;) It's about time!
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Vibe

Re: A New Katadyn Combi Water Filter!

Postby Vibe » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:15 pm

You didn't mention how CHEAP.
But since they list new for between $100 and $150....tell us...Just how badly you suck....:D
The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.
- Marcus Aurelius--------------------------------------------- Image

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:52 pm

:lol: You really don't want you know..I think they confused it with a brita cartridge..I figure last time they ripped me off for a broken camera..Now it's my turn... :mrgreen:

It ain't perfect though..the carry bag has a 1/4" hole by the zipper! :cry:

:lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:29 pm

I swear, Cuz, you could fall into a tub of crap and come out smelling like roses.....only in Seattle :roll: :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:34 pm

You ripped them off somehow :o :lol:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:42 pm

I swear, Cuz, you could fall into a tub of crap and come out smelling like roses.....only in Seattle :roll: :lol:

That's cuz roses take lots of fertilizer,I've got that!... :mrgreen:

I'm glad someone mentioned water filter on the site;I'd forgotten about it.I didn't spend a lot of time looking at what I had bought in the store.I had to go out into the garage and dig through my current treasure bag pile to find the thing.Once I opened the box and poured the contents fully out last night,I realized it had never been used at all. ;)

NePilgrim

Postby NePilgrim » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:42 am

Come on now, I really wanna know what you paid for it. Come on, you want to tell us...

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:58 am

I'm glad someone mentioned water filter on the site;I'd forgotten about it.I didn't spend a lot of time looking at what I had bought in the store.

Cuz, are we considered horders? Sometimes I forget what all I have bought the day before. All I know is it was "A Deal"! :lol: The economy has been a good therepy for me to avoid the travel expenses for thriftin' . With the sparse treasure finds around here, the ends don't justify the time and expense. Now if I lived in the Seattle area, I would obviously have to build a large storage building. :lol: :lol: :DP:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:07 pm

Most of mine is hitting the stores "since I'm going by them" anyway(other than spending a "day" shopping)..so I don't feel it's a waste of gas and time.I sell a lot also but locally.Shipping items is not worth my time or the expense if I don't have to or the reduction in the value of an item to make up for that.I have one of the best customer markets right here in Seattle.There's no reason to sell 95% of the things elsewhere when I can make a larger profit margin here with less hassles,no paypal,no packing/shipping and people picking them up and buying other items they see here at the same time.
When people come over for something,I generally have a table of items setup of other things "I'm going to list soon".People don't leave with empty hands,just empty wallets. :lol:
Those are the main reasons I don't sell on this site..hope others understand.
And yes..I mostly hoard also..like you Cuz...only sell what I figure I really don't need down the road or the trail.Most camping/hiking gear I don't sell...

NePilgrim

Postby NePilgrim » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:36 pm

So, you're not gonna tell us how much?

Return to “Amazing Thrift Store Treasures”