More roses!:-O

What have you found in the thrift stores that you can modify or use as is?
realityguy

Re: More roses!:-O

Postby realityguy » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:45 pm

Okay...Roses or dandelions...????
I had a couple hours this afternoon and picked up another tent today.I haven't opened it up and won't be able to for a few days(due to weather and work)..Anyway..It's a Sierra Designs Pharaoh...I pulled it out of the bag enough to see a nice set of aluminum poles and no "blue tarp floor",bag of stakes..I have no idea what it looks like set up!I figured my $5 was well spent on the aluminum poles/stakes for use in other tents if it's a crappy dome or something...5-3/4lbs so figure it's a 3 person or roomy two person...about 25 sections of poles..3 poles..unless one pole is missing..might be the problem..
Does anybody have a picture of one..or can describe it??..just curious... :DB: :DB: :DB:
Maybe I'll unroll it a little more and see if there is an instruction booklet.(did..no booklet)
This thrift store was chucking their tents because they weren't sure if all the parts were there..I talked them into at least putting them out on the floor for me to buy or tell them to throw it away..I'm doing their work for them and getting the bennies also...with cheap prices.
I didn't see it until the "as is" guy led me to the tent!Also got another starbucks barrista..missed one the other day..How come they have all been white lately??? :o
I went by a goodwill also and picked up an interesting pair of Eddie Bauer Hiking poles that have led lights(3) on top of the handle(EDIT:Turns out they are cheap poles with one light and the other has a compass.The compass is missing,the battery pack on the light has a broken wire .Oh well ,cheap!)You can flip the light upright for hiking at night.Only one still had the light,the second one was missing the light and the rubber tip over the ice tip..Oh well..the two for $10(very nice paint and condition other than missing parts.I figure I can store an extra pair of AAs(maybe not) in the second handle..cork grips..).Goodwill's gotten kinda pricey lately! :evil:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:12 am

Goodwill's gotten kinda pricey lately!

It's been that way for the last year or so around here. :(
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:48 am

So Cuz..You haven't got a pharaoh? :cry: I kind of looked it over..looks like it has a 3" piece of ripstop tape maybe over one small tear..well done sealed seams!..otherwise looks okay..just don't know what it should look like up and nowhere to spread the thing out right now(GRR!).
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:05 pm

Is it freestanding? If so, just clear a space in the garage or your sewing room. ;) Set it, take it down(after a picture) and the wife will never know any different. :DP:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:18 pm

I'll have some time off monday..and her car will be out of the garage so I'll have space then(and stealth.. :mrgreen: )
Hey cuz..did you know Wenzel had a timberline?..got one of those also in good shape.I never would have known it was a wenzel except it's branded that on the tent..go figure! :o

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:27 pm

Man, it looks just like the Timberline. Is it as well constructed?

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:54 am

I think it's about the same tent..same plastic piece on top I think...ripstop and that pretty much look alike.I wouldn't have bought it knowing it was a wenzel but I saw only the hardware and figured it was a timberline...better invest in it!(cheap!)

Return to “Amazing Thrift Store Treasures”