msr hubba find

What have you found in the thrift stores that you can modify or use as is?
russb

msr hubba find

Post by russb » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:12 pm

Stopped by an estate sale today to look at an antique dresser. they wanted too much for it, but I did find an MSR Hubba tent for $5, Just set it up in the garage and it is used. Tent had a couple of leaves in it, one pole has a slight bend to it, and it is a bit dusty but seems to be in good shape otherwise. Not bad for a fiver.

Ridgerunner

Re: msr hubba find

Post by Ridgerunner » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:44 pm

SWEEEEEEEET deal, Russb. Congrats on a great find! :D
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

DarenN

Post by DarenN » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:31 pm

conk rats, Russ!!
i paid a hundred for my used Hubba, (and then promptly burned a hole in the floor. it smelled like perfume so i decided to have a smoke in it.).
it's a great tent!!
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:23 pm

Aw..it's always nice to find them five-dollah tents that are worth a whole lot more.. :lol: Good Find!
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Post by zelph » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:29 pm

Never found a good one. did get a good mesh tent last year. Used it this spring/summer. Big one by Eureka 10x 14
Great find russb :D
(and then promptly burned a hole in the floor. it smelled like perfume so i decided to have a smoke in it.).
:P
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:06 am

my best and only good tent find was a Timberline 2 man tent with a vestubule add-on for $5. Stumpjumper found a Northeast 4 man tent yesterday for $3. I told him it looked more like a comfortable 2 man tent and burst his bubble a bit when I told him it was just a walmart tent. The rainfly only comes half way down on teo sides. His kids and grandkids can use it for sleep overs. ;) His wife is a seamstress and could use the fabric to make any tent he wants but we already have enough tents. :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

zelph

Post by zelph » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:30 pm

I remember the photo of your yard filled with tents..............I agreee, you've got enough

If the right deal comes along, you'll get another one :lol:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:17 pm

I remember the photo of your yard filled with tents..............I agreee, you've got enough
Wow..are you ever misinformed! :evil: You can never have enough tents!..especially at $5 each! :lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:02 am

If I lived in Seattle, the wife would have to commit me to tent hoarders anonymus. :lol:

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:49 am

I can be your sponser... ;)

:lol: