msr hubba find

What have you found in the thrift stores that you can modify or use as is?
Ordin Aryguy

Re: msr hubba find

Post by Ordin Aryguy » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:25 pm

Russ,

While I haven't known you forever, I have indeed known you long enough, and camped with you plenty enough times, to know full well that you never sleep in a tent. You and that Claytor hammock are out in every form of Adirondack weather known to man and beast.

Nice score on the tent, though! ;)

Ordin
They speak of my drinking, but never of my thirst...

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:30 pm

Aha!..Appears Russ has become a "tent hoarder"!.. :o ..like the rest of us... :lol: I sleep in both..hammocks and tents..homemade and vintage..
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

russb

Post by russb » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:47 am

Ordin, you are indeed correct. For $5 I couldn't pass it up.

I am not a tent hoarder. I hoard all types of gear. Stoves, tents, packs, ... I loan most of it out to people who are just starting out and donate much to the BSA troop I work with when a boy is in need.

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:42 am

I just joined a troop. :roll: .wanna send me a hubba? :cry:

;) ...... :lol:

Yes,I'm a hoarder/collector.. :roll: ..I've got a lot of "5dollah" tents.Most I find around here run $5-10.I don't seem to find the newer tents,though I know a lot of them are out there around here.Some of my "friends" have been scarfing those up before I can get to them :evil: ..Your hubba was a good find!
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Ordin Aryguy

Post by Ordin Aryguy » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:11 pm

russb wrote:Ordin, you are indeed correct. For $5 I couldn't pass it up.

I am not a tent hoarder. I hoard all types of gear. Stoves, tents, packs, ... I loan most of it out to people who are just starting out and donate much to the BSA troop I work with when a boy is in need.

... And on top of that you donate your time, sweat, and cartilage, to that other band of characters making mayhem in the Adirondacks.

I knew I liked ya. ;)

Ordin
They speak of my drinking, but never of my thirst...

russb

Post by russb » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:58 pm

Ordin Aryguy wrote:
russb wrote:Ordin, you are indeed correct. For $5 I couldn't pass it up.

... And on top of that you donate your time, sweat, and cartilage, to that other band of characters making mayhem in the Adirondacks.

I knew I liked ya. ;)

Ordin
Yeah, those guys (and gals) are freaks. We fit right in. :D

I have been looking again at the BRWF 50 mile loop we talked about awhile ago. We should make a go of it sometime in the near future.

In the meantime, I am doing something T-giving weekend. Not sure what yet though.

Russ

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:31 am

I am not a tent hoarder. I hoard all types of gear. Stoves, tents, packs, ... I loan most of it out to people who are just starting out
I think I just found another Cousin! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !