One man's junk is another man's treasure

What have you found in the thrift stores that you can modify or use as is?
Ridgerunner

One man's junk is another man's treasure

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:22 am

I stopped at two yard sales today and found a few goodies.
Five dollars for the L.L. Bean two man dome tent which will need the floor seam resealed.
Three dollars for all the sterno stoves,2 cup coffee pot, magic chef stove, and both two way frs radios

and then on the way home, my neighbor , three doors down, had a bunch of childrens kithchen play furniture by the road with a free sign when I looked closer and told Stumpjumper to pull over now when I spied the Plano expandable fishing pole case for free :DP: :DB: :DP:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Re: One man's junk is another man's treasure

Postby realityguy » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:33 pm

It's too cold out here yet for garage sales... :cry: ..Good finds!I didn't know you needed another tent! :lol: (sounds like me.. :roll: )I may have to "thin my herd" this spring..I was going to pull out a lot of camping stuff
while the wife was gone and use her garage as a craigslist showroom..but..I've been busy selling stuff,making stuff and never got it done.Unfortunately I don't think she has another trip planned for awhile so I've probably lost my chance for awhile.Oh well..I'll wait until the weather gets better... :roll: (crossing fingers)
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:56 pm

realityguy wrote:It's too cold out here yet for garage sales... :cry: ..Good finds!I didn't know you needed another tent! :lol: (sounds like me.. :roll: )

The sad thing is I "think" I may already own one like this tent. I know I have a L.L. Bean two man tent. I will have to get it out and set them up side by side :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

JollyRogers

Postby JollyRogers » Sun May 01, 2011 12:34 am

Nice find! Although, I must admit... after reading the title of this thread I was kind of scared to read this thread! :mrgreen:

Vibe

Postby Vibe » Sun May 01, 2011 7:44 am

Ridgerunner wrote:
realityguy wrote:It's too cold out here yet for garage sales... :cry: ..Good finds!I didn't know you needed another tent! :lol: (sounds like me.. :roll: )

The sad thing is I "think" I may already own one like this tent. I know I have a L.L. Bean two man tent. I will have to get it out and set them up side by side :lol:

Careful..You might find out that that IS the same tent you "thought" you had (and someone got rid of for you while cleaning up.)
:DB: :DB: :DB: :DP:
The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.
- Marcus Aurelius--------------------------------------------- Image

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sun May 01, 2011 8:51 am

Vibe, I had to check it out. It is different. My other L.L. Bean is the second one on the right; green with tan rainfly ;)

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri May 06, 2011 8:23 am

Phew!!!!! for a minute there I thougth you duplicated. :o You would have had to put it your upcoming yard sale :mrgreen:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Fri May 06, 2011 3:16 pm

You would have had to put it your upcoming yard sale

I think you have been putting bad ideas in my wifes head! :evil:

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Fri May 06, 2011 3:24 pm

I found a 100 LED flashlight the other day for $3.29,looked like a waterfall showerhead! :lol: The wires are disconnected from the switchhead..just need to loosen a couple nuts,reattach the leads,and get four new AA batteries.When I arrive at camp at night,the orbiting satellites should be picking up the glow.. :shock:

:lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat May 07, 2011 10:57 am

It all started with a 1 LED light :mrgreen:

Now they have full billboard signs made of LED's...............fantastic invention............back to DC electronics :o
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Return to “Amazing Thrift Store Treasures”