Stainless Steel

What have you found in the thrift stores that you can modify or use as is?
Image
User avatar
Ridgerunner
Posts: 5275
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:08 pm
Location: SW, Ohio
Contact:

Stainless Steel

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:02 am

Stopped in a salvage/return store yesterday and found a roll of SS laminate for $4.00. I figure I can find some use for it. It has an adhesive on one side but I would think it would burn off or maybe some denatured alcohol will take it off :o
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

User avatar
zelph
Posts: 15822
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:53 pm

Re: Stainless Steel

Postby zelph » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:30 am

Ridgerunner wrote:Stopped in a salvage/return store yesterday and found a roll of SS laminate for $4.00. I figure I can find some use for it. It has an adhesive on one side but I would think it would burn off or maybe some denatured alcohol will take it off :o


Lucky you!!! Is it phenolic resin base with stainless laminated on it or foil with adhesive?
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

User avatar
Ridgerunner
Posts: 5275
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:08 pm
Location: SW, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Stainless Steel

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:12 pm

It is a foil with peel off paper backing used to give your fridge, dishwasher, or stove a new look.
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

User avatar
zelph
Posts: 15822
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:53 pm

Re: Stainless Steel

Postby zelph » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:20 pm

Lots of potential there. Use some on your bike, make it more visible to the deer population :D

How wide a roll?

Make some store flat pots if it's wide enough. :idea:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

User avatar
Ridgerunner
Posts: 5275
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:08 pm
Location: SW, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Stainless Steel

Postby Ridgerunner » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:32 pm

It's three feet wide and probably seven feet long. Flat pot?..good idea;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

sudden
Posts: 1058
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:33 pm

Re: Stainless Steel

Postby sudden » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:42 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:It's three feet wide and probably seven feet long. Flat pot?..good idea;)


hmm worlds first ss hammock? :D
"People are not persuaded by what we say, but rather by what they understand."

realityguy
Posts: 5948
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:20 am
Location: slightly north of Seattle,WA

Re: Stainless Steel

Postby realityguy » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:58 pm

orikaso.. http://www.shopwiki.com/l/Orikaso-Bowl I can send you some dimensions and pics..cup or bowl..or maybe you can go your favorite chinese restaurant in town,order extra, and get one of their folding "leftover" bowls with the wire handle.. :mrgreen:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

User avatar
zelph
Posts: 15822
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:53 pm

Re: Stainless Steel

Postby zelph » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:39 am

What have you made with it so far? Does it have a "brushed" or "mirror" finish?
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

User avatar
Ridgerunner
Posts: 5275
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:08 pm
Location: SW, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Stainless Steel

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:40 pm

zelph wrote:What have you made with it so far? Does it have a "brushed" or "mirror" finish?


:oops: :oops: :oops: So far, I have watched it collect dust and freeze. It has passed both test :lol: It has a brushed finish. The better half is gone for a week so I can play inside. :DBfire: Hope I don't burn the house down :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

User avatar
zelph
Posts: 15822
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:53 pm

Re: Stainless Steel

Postby zelph » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:04 am

Ridgerunner wrote:
zelph wrote:What have you made with it so far? Does it have a "brushed" or "mirror" finish?


:oops: :oops: :oops: So far, I have watched it collect dust and freeze. It has passed both test :lol: It has a brushed finish. The better half is gone for a week so I can play inside. :DBfire: Hope I don't burn the house down :lol:


You're too good to do that :D
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/


Return to “Amazing Thrift Store Treasures”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest