What is it?

What have you found in the thrift stores that you can modify or use as is?
Ridgerunner

What is it?

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:38 pm

I stopped at the thrift store Sunday and only picked up two items. One was a Bialetti Milk frother(I thought it was a french press) and the other was a bag of two items I am not sure about. They have the OD green finish which made me think military but there are no markings of any kind on them. They are some type of burner, maybe tiki but they are heavy duty. The top part has a double wall with a row of vents? cut in the outter wall but for what purpose other than decoration :? Has anyone ever seen these? I paid $2 for the Bialetti and $2 for the burners ;)

ImageImageImageImage
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Re: What is it?

Postby zelph » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:04 pm

The green things might be mufflers for compressors, spark arrestors? Put them on a wood stove chimney to make it look tactical :mrgreen:

Nice pot :D never can have too many pots. I'll send you a box full of accumilated ones sitting in my greenhouse :P
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:49 pm

I saw the wick burner portion and remembered someone saying wickitized burners were good :P :lol: so for a dollar a piece, I nabbed them but would like to know their intended usage :?
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

oops56

Postby oops56 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:14 pm

the cover turn over put on top with some water in it to sterilize Medical tools burns alcohol my guess or its a potpourri burner
Man play with fire man get burnt

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:31 pm

Oops, I don't think the top could be a pot as there would be an air flow problem.

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:19 pm

Maybe an insect repelant canister doohicky.Something fits into the 4 slots. A tray with chemical(citronella) heats up and radiates into air cough cough ahem gag. :?

sudden

Postby sudden » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:21 am

blanks for a fancy patio torch?
"People are not persuaded by what we say, but rather by what they understand."

ConnieD

Postby ConnieD » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:06 pm

Tiki torches for SOF.

AKA molotov cocktails?

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:56 pm

To me they look like some military "in the field"..LIGHTLESS/NONGLOW ..cooking stove and pot support to eliminate the "3 on a match" factor.. :roll:
Does the larger top cap reverse to fit on the smaller portion so the holes around the side are near the top..for a pot stand or exhaust for the flame and excess heat..under the pot but no light glow?
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:34 pm

realityguy wrote:To me they look like some military "in the field"..LIGHTLESS/NONGLOW ..cooking stove and pot support to eliminate the "3 on a match" factor.. :roll:
Does the larger top cap reverse to fit on the smaller portion so the holes around the side are near the top..for a pot stand or exhaust for the flame and excess heat..under the pot but no light glow?

Good guess. I think your onto something. :idea:

Come on Ridgerunner....put some fuel in it and fire it up :roll: what you waitin on???????

Return to “Amazing Thrift Store Treasures”