What is it?

What have you found in the thrift stores that you can modify or use as is?
Ridgerunner

Re: What is it?

Postby Ridgerunner » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:32 pm

I am camping in Michigan now. The burners are in Ohio. I have seen abundance of wild turkeys and deer up here but I am here to fish and hike ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue May 01, 2012 8:29 am

I knew that ;) Just testing if you are tethered to the outside world via modern tech. :mrgreen: Enjoy fish fried over a campfire and dreams of the turkey you didn't get. gobble gobble :mrgreen: :P
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue May 01, 2012 1:47 pm

Skunked fishing. Saw a bunch of bass but they were not taking the bait. I think they just swam by the canoe, stopped, looked at the lures, and laughed at us thinking "really". The water is so clear with hardly any structure and beach all the way around. Personal docks have not been put in the water yet. Give it another try this afternoon. Calling for rain the next three days :-(
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

sudden

Postby sudden » Tue May 01, 2012 3:28 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:Skunked fishing. Saw a bunch of bass but they were not taking the bait. I think they just swam by the canoe, stopped, looked at the lures, and laughed at us thinking "really". The water is so clear with hardly any structure and beach all the way around. Personal docks have not been put in the water yet. Give it another try this afternoon. Calling for rain the next three days :-(

Same over here. Water low and clear. Fish too spooked to catch. Rained overnight so things might get better soon.
"People are not persuaded by what we say, but rather by what they understand."

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue May 01, 2012 9:12 pm

I have never done good on this 219 acre lake. This trip is mostly R&R. Took a five mile hike this afternoon. I'm looking forward to crappie fishing on Beaver Lake in Arkansas next month! :D

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue May 01, 2012 10:56 pm

The weather has the fished confused :lol: They should be getting ready to spawn and maybe that's why they are not eating as usual. After the spawn they will eat everything that moves. :o Fish protecting eggs will strike anything that gets close to them.

kcatto

Postby kcatto » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:56 am

those green tubes look like portable lights for runways and such, we use some that are similar to those for unimproved runways at night you can light two dozen and have landing zone well into the night... Ours are propane powered now but originally they where kerosene lamps. with the tops on to they have directional light??? I have also seen the lights we use to light landing areas on lakes and beaches. similar deal small amount of actual light but directional to one direction...

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:41 pm

Well that sure sounds like what they could be. Military color and all. Thanks Kcatto

Would they be "directional" viewed from above (plane) only?

let's look at the photos:

]ImageImage

Return to “Amazing Thrift Store Treasures”