recent yard sale treasures

What have you found in the thrift stores that you can modify or use as is?
Ridgerunner

Re: recent yard sale treasures

Postby Ridgerunner » Wed May 30, 2012 9:00 pm

I love turtle soup! Seven flavors of meat. I've made genuine turtle soup with some turtle meat a friend gave me and a buddy made some turtle stew that was equally delicious ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

ConnieD

Postby ConnieD » Wed May 30, 2012 11:04 pm

Sea-To-Summit has an interesting concept for canoe transportation: padded rolls tied across the roof of the vehicle.
http://www.seatosummit.com/products/display/160

The Traveller Soft Rack.

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:20 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:I love turtle soup! Seven flavors of meat. I've made genuine turtle soup with some turtle meat a friend gave me and a buddy made some turtle stew that was equally delicious ;)

Yes, the 7 flavors are suppose to be there. I was able to taste 4 diff ones last time I had turtle. Some of it was sauted and some made into soup. A massive amount of it's meat was in a large bowl. My aunt took a salt shaker and shook some over the entire top and it started twitching/moving/wiggling as if it were alive. Cool scientific biology experience :D

I found out today that the culprit that had been doing the chewing..........it's a beaver. Probably a yearling or less. Just found a 3" diameter tree chewed off and missing. It has advanced to the next stage :lol: It has been cutting it's teeth in so to speak :D and strengthening it's jaw muscles :o now it's a full fledged tree felling, tail flappin critter :mrgreen: The park owner needs to seriously call in someone to trap it and relocate it.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Return to “Amazing Thrift Store Treasures”