WOOHOO!

What have you found in the thrift stores that you can modify or use as is?
JBRanger

Re: WOOHOO!

Postby JBRanger » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:30 pm

Goodwill Hunting produced again! Had 2 down twin comforters for 6 bucks each. One definitely had less feathers than the other, so I nabbed it. Also grabbed a light women's vest. All for the low price of 10 bucks total! ;) Grr... it's too much fun!

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:40 am

Grr... it's too much fun!

:lol: :lol:

I agree, finding those kind of deals gets the adrenalin flowing. 2 years ago I passed on getting a very lofty queen size down comforter at a $10.00 price tag. :oops: Reminds me of realityguy missing out on the recent commercial walking foot sewing machine he showed us. :roll:

There are super good deals out there. Keep our eyes opened wide ;) both of them :mrgreen:

Also grabbed a light women's vest.

Heheh, sounds funny in a way. :mrgreen:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:01 pm

Hopefully she wasn't wearing it at the time.. :o

:lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:18 pm

Goodwill Hunting produced again! Had 2 down twin comforters for 6 bucks each.

No comforters around here...all I'm finding are full down sleeping bags... :roll:
:lol:

I was at my other house this weekend..noticed I had 3 in the bedroom,one as a comforter in the living room, and two unrolled downstairs also..variable weights from 2lbs to about 7-8lb monsters.I probably have as many here also.
I had to make more room and sold all these FAST last fall--->
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:26 pm

RR, sit on them!!! :P :mrgreen: Seattle is the "Mother Lode" for hiker thrifters. :roll:

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:57 pm

The last bag I got the other day was a very nice NF Cat's Meow in its turned inside out NF bag :lol: ..not down though..Another one was a thicker down bag from "Antarctica New Zealand"(they stock the expeditions down there I guess).A couple more recent ones(still in the shopping bags) are a down Camp 7(Boulder,Colorado) and a NF poly Mammoth...I'll soon have to pull those out and stack them with the rest open.I pulled out some internal frame backpacks..and need to list 8-10..SOON :roll: ..Lowe Alpines,REI,MEI,Kelty(s),Dana Design,etc..most are too heavy for the hiking I do now..or the wife's size(or for her wrong color,too tight here..too loose there..doesn't have this..doesn't have that..has too much of that!..too small..too large.. :roll: :lol: ).I sold a LARGE Lowe Alpine Contour IV last week for $50..Have a Kelty Hurricane 4900 and smaller cordura Lowe Alpine(maybe 3000ci)..both virtually unused on craigs now for $50 each.

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:17 am

rned inside out NF bag ..[b]not down though..[/b]

Might as well be given back to the goodwill store :roll:

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:48 am

http://www.google.com/search?q=cat%27s+ ... =firefox-a

nah...Lots of car campers and summertime ones also..+20...It will be summer here someday..when the rain quits...Supposed to be in the 70s tomorrow..

JBRanger

Postby JBRanger » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:53 am

Over on HF they are talking about some down pillows for 10 bucks at Kmart. Supposedly the FP is around the 500 mark but the price is .70/ ounce. Pretty sweet deal. Now I'm here in TN visiting family and my mom tells me they have some awesome goodwills up here.

It never ends.

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:45 pm

We wish you well on your goodwill adventures in the new territory :D (the never ending story)

RR, suppose to be 100 degrees here tomorrow. :roll:

Return to “Amazing Thrift Store Treasures”