WOOHOO!

What have you found in the thrift stores that you can modify or use as is?
JBRanger

Re: WOOHOO!

Postby JBRanger » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:32 pm

Found a Eddie Bauer down throw and nice down pillow (all down, few if any feathers)! Total for both.... 9 bucks!!

Gonna be 100+ next few days here!

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:16 pm

WOOHOO! and WOOHOO! on both accounts :lol:

I have not listened to the farmers reports lately. We must be pretty close to drought conditions in the midwest.

Seattle is getting all our rain :evil:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

JBRanger

Postby JBRanger » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:49 am

Supposed to be 108 here tomorrow. YIKES!

Really concerned about the 4th. With all this dry grass it wouldn't take but a spark to set off some SERIOUS fires.

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:40 pm

JBRanger wrote:Supposed to be 108 here tomorrow. YIKES!

Really concerned about the 4th. With all this dry grass it wouldn't take but a spark to set off some SERIOUS fires.

Natures way of renewing the earth. Man has a way of interfering by building cities, towns and teepee's :mrgreen:

Pray for rain!!! ;)

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:08 am

Pray for rain!!! ;)

Make sure you add "For my neck of the woods"(meaning yours)..we already have too much here..It'll be in the balmy 60s here until after the 4th when it might get clear up into the 70s.. :o ... :roll:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:03 pm

realityguy wrote:Pray for rain!!! ;)

Make sure you add "For my neck of the woods"(meaning yours)..we already have too much here..It'll be in the balmy 60s here until after the 4th when it might get clear up into the 70s.. :o ... :roll:

It's good for the moss on your trees. They will begin to look like "bigfoot" Washington is bigfoot country right?

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:48 pm

It's good for the moss on your trees. They will begin to look like "bigfoot" Washington is bigfoot country right?

Actually.. I pull the grass and leave the moss..I don't have to mow moss and it's always greener than the grass.
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:24 pm

realityguy wrote:

Actually.. I pull the grass and leave the moss..I don't have to mow moss and it's always greener than the grass.

It would be nice to be able to transplant the moss into a prepared section of shade area in your yard. No maintenance yard ;)

Here in Illinois we have a plant called creeping charlie. Most people hate it cause it becomes invasive in their lawns. I have seen entire lawns made of the stuff and it looks just fine. No mow lawns, I like easy!!! Just don't walk on it, it has an offensive odor when crushed :roll:

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:35 pm

I have a lot of areas covered with Vinca Minor..or periwinkle..I'd like to cover the rest with it..
My grass areas of this 1/2 acre lot consist of a parking srtrip about 8' wideX70' and about a 12x12 LAWN with a 3'x40' grass path off the side.I am getting more grass in the lower 40 about 10'x50'.The rest is natural woods and raised beds with lavarock and weedbarrier cloth under it.
About 3-4 times a year I drag out the weedwhacker for an hour and piss off the neighbors out there mowing their big grassy yards every week.In between that they are watering or applying weed and feed(Read feed-your-weed).
On the other hand..my other house sucks with too much lawn,about 1/2 to 3/4 acre..but the wife can't argue with me going up there,3-4 miles from Olympic National Park. :lol:

"Honey..Dang it!..I gotta go mow again!..just grabbing my camping gear." :roll:

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:07 am

Around your house is mostly shade, right? Periwinkle is shade lover?

Return to “Amazing Thrift Store Treasures”