Yard sale deals

What have you found in the thrift stores that you can modify or use as is?
Ridgerunner

Re: Yard sale deals

Postby Ridgerunner » Fri May 17, 2013 7:39 pm

Cuz, did you make your straps? Of course you did :lol: Is it one continuous strap with loops added along the way with a bar tack stitch or did u add pieces of strap for each loop?
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sun May 19, 2013 12:21 am

Start with a 10-12' piece of 3/4 to1" wide nylon strapping...one end folded over 4" and tacked down for a single loop at one end and the other end folded over 4' and zigzag sewn 4-5 times across the two stacked straps every 2-3" for a continuous set of loops for about 4'..
To hang..wrap it around the tree and stick the multi-loop end through the single loop so the multiloop end hangs out.If it's a small tree,wrap it around and through the single loop a few times until just enough of the multiloop section hangs out.
http://s226.photobucket.com/user/realit ... ort=4&o=82
The hangers are the white straps in the picture..
Skinny tree is on the left end showing the line hanging down with lots of loops..fat fir tree on the right,ate up most of the line just to get around the big fir tree in the yard..I hadn't made loops off the end of the hammock's end line yet..so just tied the strapping to the tree hugger loops.
I have several hammocks that need/use only one set of straps..but have one set of straps at each home..
The additional loops on the straps can be used for hanging the tarp(above,instead of off the tree),the backpack,a footlocker-smaller-hammock below,the tv,the beer holder, and other stuff to keep it off the ground.
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sun May 19, 2013 6:55 am

Thanks, Cuz! That gives me the info I need. Time to get the sewing machine back out ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Return to “Amazing Thrift Store Treasures”