Goodwill By The Pound

What have you found in the thrift stores that you can modify or use as is?
ramblingbicyclist

Goodwill By The Pound

Postby ramblingbicyclist » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:44 pm

Yesterday i visited the goodwill wholesale yard where everything is sold by the pound. Its about a dollar a pound for anything in the warehouse and you never know what you may find! I found an older model whisperlite stove, a new columbia titanium water proof fleece, 250 lightning bug fire starters and some fuel cans for one of my stoves all for less than $10! I did end up with 3 new cans of fuel blend for the clamp on stoves (not threaded) but have no use for them yet, looks like i might need to find the stove to match or find someone who needs some fuel. The firestarters just mean i dont have to make any for quite awhile :D . A successful trip i would say :DB:

Ridgerunner

Re: Goodwill By The Pound

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:04 pm

Sounds like a great haul. I never heard of goodwill selling by the pound. It irks me that now they look to the Internet for prices and then they may even put it up for auction on the web as opposed to selling it outright. It is getting harder to find a good deal. :x
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:48 pm

You got some good deals there! By the pound is nice.

There is a thrift store up in Madison, WI that sells by the pound. Every time I go there, women are buying grocery carts filled with clothing.
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

ramblingbicyclist

Postby ramblingbicyclist » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:31 am

Yeah zelph its always full of women with carts of clothing and theres atleast one crazy guy buying all the single shoes for some unknown reason :lol: . Their prices are just too high at the normal goodwills for me now and by the pound is everything that was in their retail stores for one month so theres always great stuff if youre willing to look.

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:07 am

and theres atleast one crazy guy buying all the single shoes for some unknown reason

Next time you see him, ask him why.....he may only have one leg/foot :o

2 years ago I got on a braided leather belt buying spree at the thrift stores. :lol: I want to make a "welcome" mat for the entry door of my camper. Each belt cost less than a buck so I was ok with that. Well, those belts are hanging on the wall in my garage waiting for me start my DIY project. :roll:

It's suppose to look like this:
Attachments
Leather-Belt-Rug0373.jpg
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Return to “Amazing Thrift Store Treasures”