Freecycle

What have you found in the thrift stores that you can modify or use as is?
Ridgerunner

Freecycle

Postby Ridgerunner » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:15 pm

I found my first Freecycle treasure today. For those who don't know about Freecycle, let me briefly explain its purpose. The idea is to recycle useable things rather than sending it to our landfills. All items offered are free. You can also post wanted ads. Freecycle is located in many areas so check for one in your area. Today I scored a Northface Backpack and a nice two man tent by Sierra West all for FREE :DP: :DB: :DP: :lol:
ImageImageImageImageImage
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

cadyak

Re: Freecycle

Postby cadyak » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:37 pm

Nice tent! both good scores actually. I will checking into Freecycling. The word "cycling" always catches my eye. Im always on the lookout for old cycling components. :D

cadyak

Postby cadyak » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:39 pm

double post :geek:
Last edited by cadyak on Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:35 pm

Hey! nice find :D Did you just recently find out about Freecycle? Craigslist also has free stuff.

About how long is the tent? Looks short. :o You've got to be a real ground dweller to crawl into one of that style :D
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:23 pm

zelph wrote:Hey! nice find :D Did you just recently find out about Freecycle? Craigslist also has free stuff.

About how long is the tent? Looks short. :o You've got to be a real ground dweller to crawl into one of that style :D

Stumpjumper informed me last year about Freecycle but I just got around to jumping thru all the hoops to join. The tent is probably 7-8ft long. If you notice the large oil drum next to it in the picture, it might give you an idea of size. I still have good knees so this type of tent will work but I understand that your "tent" has six wheels :P :lol: :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:47 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:
zelph wrote:Hey! nice find :D Did you just recently find out about Freecycle? Craigslist also has free stuff.

Stumpjumper informed me last year about Freecycle but I just got around to jumping thru all the hoops to join. The tent is probably 7-8ft long. If you notice the large oil drum next to it in the picture, it might give you an idea of size. I still have good knees so this type of tent will work but I understand that your "tent" has six wheels :P :lol: :lol:

6 wheels......now that's :lol: Mine has too much maintenance involved ;) I have to crawl under it and replace the compressor that operated the air bag levelers and shocks. :roll:
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Return to “Amazing Thrift Store Treasures”