Miami Univ. auction

What have you found in the thrift stores that you can modify or use as is?
Ridgerunner

Miami Univ. auction

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat May 10, 2014 6:54 pm

My brother stopped by with a present he picked up at the Miami semi annual auction. It cost a whole three dollars. There was a basket with camping cookware including 4 Trangia cook sets with burners, a Trangia kettle, 3 Jetboil cook pots and 3 jetboil burners and a Coleman Exponent mini lantern. Mothers Day my butt. I think it is Christmas or at least my birthday again :DB: :DP: :DBfire: :mrgreen:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Re: Miami Univ. auction

Postby zelph » Sat May 10, 2014 7:52 pm

Good thing you're close to having the new addition completed "got shelves" :lol:

Makes me wonder how so many Jetboils got into one location :? :?

Hey, now you can do a scientific test with the heat exchanger pots. Remove the fins from one and do side byside tests in a controlled environment.

Do like "tony" from down under does. Weigh canister before using and then after the water reaches 200 degrees.

Do the testing in the interest of stove science :o :D You'll be world renown. 8-)

Normally, gear heads and such won't go out buy two jet boils to test a fact/myth or other. Being that only $3.00 dollars have been invested it's easier for someone like yourself to make the sacrifice....please RR, pretty please :lol:
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat May 10, 2014 10:12 pm

Or.... They could be used as a mean to acquiring a Borde Bomb ;) Shelves, you say? Naw, let's talk attic space :lol: and three dollars is not what I gave for them :P :lol: We will see. Right now, I just need to get the shop done so I can reclaim my garage :o :oops:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sun May 11, 2014 10:40 am

Wow!Nice score!So..I guess some do escape the NW.. :roll: College students were probably cooking popcorn in their dorm rooms...
:lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Sun May 11, 2014 12:52 pm

You got them free so more the reason to do the testing :o :P

what's the going rate nowadays for the Borde?
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sun May 11, 2014 3:20 pm

or..Do they smell like meth or formaldehyde? :o
:lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Return to “Amazing Thrift Store Treasures”