And Seattle thrift stores come through again!

What have you found in the thrift stores that you can modify or use as is?
realityguy

And Seattle thrift stores come through again!

Postby realityguy » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:08 pm

I bought all this the other day..about $12 with tax..

The GSI toaster grill is for the Whisperlite and other canister/ bottle type/tiny stoves..collapses flat(6.5"x5.5"x.625") and fits in the storage bag..appears it was used once..nothing else looks as if it has ever been used,clean as a whistle.
An unused TaTonka stove(down in front)...an EV hiking teakettle..a couple Stanley hiking pots..one had two plastic cups inside and the other only had one.I'm showing one together and the other apart..will hold 20oz only to the top of the "STANLEY" with about 1-1/2" to spare on top of that under the lid.It should be easy to set/makeup a windscreen cone for under the pot/over a stove because the pot bulges out at the 20oz water line!Amazon has those pots with the two cups for $15 each right now(about 1/2 price of normal..I paid $5 for the two pots).
I also bought a nice European style unused stovetop Cappucinno machine..brand new,still packed in the box with the instructions(marked $59.99) for 9.99 so I'll sell that at 1/2 price and all this will be mine,mine,mine :DB: ..and I still make a profit. :lol:
Just what I needed..more hiking cookware! :shock:
Also not shown was a stainless Starbucks 32 oz coffee press for $2..a Lagesse La Square for $5(about $43),and a pair of small 2-1/2" high bottle jacks for $3(for inside guitars and ukulele use?I might grind the base of one down to 2" high)So..there goes my profit..It's been a pretty good few days. :lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Re: And Seattle thrift stores come through again!

Postby zelph » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:56 pm

That was quite a haul for so cheap.
Seattle is noted for stuff being given away :roll:
The weather here was so great I imagine lots of folks have cleaned their garages out and so I'll go thrift storing on Monday and get me some good kitchen ware stuff. My new pellet burner design(thrift store item) worked out so great I should patent it 8-) One 40 pound bag of pellets lasted me 4 hours of totally nice flames. One bag of pellets cost $4.79

You did great RG.............take your wife out next weekend and use your new kitchen goodies :D

I also bought a nice European style unused stovetop Cappucinno machine..brand new,still packed in the box with the instructions(marked $59.99) for 9.99 so I'll sell that at 1/2 price and all this will be mine,mine,mine :DB: ..and I still make a profit. :lol:

You step in dog doodoo and come out smelling like a rose :o
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:09 pm

I got an MSR Rapid-fire Isobutane today for $6 in the original box with instructions,orifice cleaner..etc...like a whisperlite..
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:17 pm

I got a free boy cat and had to go out and buy a $25 cat box with high sides because he overshoots a normal litter box :roll: :mrgreen:

You get all the good deals :shock:
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Return to “Amazing Thrift Store Treasures”