One Day, One Deal

Best of the Best!
Ridgerunner

One Day, One Deal

Postby Ridgerunner » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:22 pm

Stumpjumper sent me this link:
http://woot.com/

Nice flashlight on there today. I never heard of the site. going to have to keep an eye on this one. ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Re: One Day, One Deal

Postby realityguy » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:35 pm

Hey Cuz, Do you really use the infared?..and the strobe? the red? the blue?..Do you,Cuz?Just wondering... :o (Pst..3 ucos this week... ;) ..)
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:22 pm

Cuz, I have looked thru the Woot site an see there is not much in the way of outdoor gear listed this month. I will remove this link tomorrow. :oops: Cuz, White and bright!!! :lol: I have used the red light in the camp ground. There is a light for highlighting blood when tracking deer at night but I don't have it. Worse case scenario, I bring out the Megabeamer flood/spot light and if that doesn't work, we call in air support, and a division of blackhawk helicopters with huge flood/spot lights and heat sensory equipment that will tell us right where that deer lies! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:49 pm

I just wondered if you used the other colors..I'm more a white and bright person myself..flashlights also.. :mrgreen:
I picked up three maglights about a week or two ago(2 small,one larger,2 with three white LED bulbs..one of the small ones I found the LED upgrade for at the same time),dont' really need a nother flash lihgt at the moment..but was wondering about the bulbs and colors.Do You think it's worthwhile getting one with red,white,and blue? :?: I've never needed the other colors..would rather have the brightness...
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:52 pm

The red light is not so intrusive in crowded campsites. But as far as lights with red, White, and blue lights, I can only say you can't get much more patriotic in a flashlight :lol: I have a friend that uses a Coast led light and some people(friends) in camp that asked him to turn it away or use his red bulb as it was blindingly bright. Ol' Stumpjumper said he bought 2 of them so I may have one coming my way and i never look a gift horse in the mouth or eye or whatever. :lol:

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:06 am

I do have some additional very small units with four red bulbs and a red lens..guess I can take one of those along just in case I anticipate crowds.

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:29 am

I'm a day late........Missed it :o

You snooze, you lose :lol:

I'm about to release a new stove :o
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:56 pm

I'm about to release a new stove

Look forward to the new stove ! Congrats to the site for passing the 20,000 post plateau.

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:08 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:
I'm about to release a new stove

Look forward to the new stove ! Congrats to the site for passing the 20,000 post plateau.

I have to get my fridge done first. 20g's we sure do talk alot :mrgreen:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Mister Krabs

Postby Mister Krabs » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:49 pm

similar to woot, but three items a day, http://www.1saleaday.com/

Return to “Favorite Links”