A Top-Notch MYOG Site

Best of the Best!
zelph

Re: A Top-Notch MYOG Site

Post by zelph » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:51 pm

This one is interesting also. The position and form of the wire feet.

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:45 pm

Zelph, I noticed that nice little wood burner also---nice design. I like your globe woodburner, myself---less parts-plus i have about 6 of them in stock! :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Post by zelph » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:53 am

Ridgerunner wrote:Zelph, I noticed that nice little wood burner also---nice design. I like your globe woodburner, myself---less parts-plus i have about 6 of them in stock! :lol:
Oh My!!!!!! nice cache of stainless goodies. I'm getting close to doing an experiment with an arc welder to burn holes in the globes. I'll let you know the results when available. My son is looking into a different punch and die set with closer clearances for a cleaner cut of the 1/2 inch holes. The set I have now leaves little pricklies of wire after punching.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:04 pm

My son is looking into a different punch and die set with closer clearances for a cleaner cut of the 1/2 inch holes. The set I have now leaves little pricklies of wire after punching.
You could take your dremel tool to clean out the "pricklies" :P

Such a Perfectionist ! :P That is why your designs have such clean lines. I, on the other hand, do not worry so much about the looks but the functionality of the gear. Reminds me of my brother-in-laws vehicles......they are an eye sore but run like a top. Dependability outweighs visual asthetics but if I can have both, I'm a real happy camper! :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

oops56

Post by oops56 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:19 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:
My son is looking into a different punch and die set with closer clearances for a cleaner cut of the 1/2 inch holes. The set I have now leaves little pricklies of wire after punching.
You could take your dremel tool to clean out the "pricklies" :P

Such a Perfectionist ! :P That is why your designs have such clean lines. I, on the other hand, do not worry so much about the looks but the functionality of the gear. Reminds me of my brother-in-laws vehicles......they are an eye sore but run like a top. Dependability outweighs visual asthetics but if I can have both, I'm a real happy camper! :lol:
Yep i am the same try make it good etc. If you try to make other to look good and then it dont work as good as the first makes you think right if you not selling who cares how it looks if it burns good i messed up stoves trying to fix one piece on it to look good
Man play with fire man get burnt