Camping Jay Cook State Park Minnesota

Your most amazing photos.
Some funny photos as well.
samh

Re: Camping Jay Cook State Park Minnesota

Post by samh » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:13 pm

Thanks for the Jay Cooke pics, Zelph. Makes me miss "home".

zelph

Post by zelph » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:35 pm

samh wrote:Thanks for the Jay Cooke pics, Zelph. Makes me miss "home".
:D

I got a zillion more, filled my card up :lol:

How everything at your new place of play? (job) No doubt they'll have you go out and backpack to test equipment. Somebody has to do the dirty work while everyone else sits back at the office behind a computer :lol:

J. Cooke was fantastic, my wife wants to return again in the fall(me also) I want to do Isle Royale also(after the frost lays down some of the flying critters. Your trip there sure was an eyeopener in regards to the skeeters.

"Home" is where the buffalo roam. You probably have them in your new back yard. ;)

Your new avatar reminds me of yoda. "Master backpacker" 8-)
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

samh

Post by samh » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:52 pm

Master, ha! I was kind of a superstar in Duluth but living in Bozeman is a good reality-check. Bozeman is home to alpinists and endurance athletes - - people who put my exploits into a category preschooler. Good thing I get out there and do what I do for myself. I push myself hard because I want to.

My new home is excellent for my lifestyle. I've been here a month and a half now and in the six weekends I've been free I've visited six different mountain ranges. I write trip reports and take photos to keep them all straight. If you enjoy that sort of thing you can find them on my Web site under "Blog".

ps - the 'Yoda' photo was taken in the Spanish Peaks Unit of the Lee Metcalf Wilderness.