A few nice pic's

Your most amazing photos.
Some funny photos as well.
SSDD

A few nice pic's

Postby SSDD » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:12 pm

So Joyce and I went for a hike/snow shoe day trip starting at the Meadows Rec area a few miles from down town Bend and we did about 13-14 miles along the Deschutes River.

Oh we came across some hunters as I came around a bend some guy hunting Geese popped off 3 rounds my way and cought me off gaurd so we stoped and talked to him nice guy his poor dog a lab had ice all over him from going in the river to get some geese it was about 12 deg with 15-20 mph wind.

The trail to left of the OHV road well we ended up off of it after a while for about 1.5-2 miles LOL and when it got very steep with a drop off and the river below us we turned back

Some of the areas had so much power snow even with my MSR snow shoes it was up over my knees but it was a good trip even if I could not stay out over night :) As I hate to go for a day if I am going to spend the time to get my stuff ready and drive to a trail head I like to make the most of it :nod:

zelph

Re: A few nice pic's

Postby zelph » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:59 pm

Beautiful pics!!!! Nice area to be out and about in. You guys are in great shape to do 14 miles in that deep of snow whooowheee. Really nice photos, thanks for sharing them, I think I'll get a cup of hot chocolate and look at them again and let my mind wonder off a ways into the woods :lol: Maybe even go out for a hike, better yet!!! :D
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:36 pm

BBBrrrrrrrrrr ! Makes me want to start a fire and make a hot cup of Joe! ;) Nice pics and thanks for sharing.
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

SSDD

Postby SSDD » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:48 pm

zelph wrote:Beautiful pics!!!! Nice area to be out and about in. You guys are in great shape to do 14 miles in that deep of snow whooowheee. Really nice photos, thanks for sharing them, I think I'll get a cup of hot chocolate and look at them again and let my mind wonder off a ways into the woods :lol: Maybe even go out for a hike, better yet!!! :D

Most of the way we sunk about 6"-10" but after we got off the trail it got deep and after 1.5-2 miles it got steep :lol:

Oh yeah I did make hot chocolate on the trail ;)

hoz

Postby hoz » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:13 am

14 miles in that snow? Quite an achievement. Congrats on getting your wife to follow you.

SSDD

Postby SSDD » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:02 pm

yeah some of the snow was deep but most was not to bad and she is not my wife just a lady I know that hikes, my wife likes the base camping style and not hiking miles and miles :lol:

Mags

Postby Mags » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:30 pm

Nice! Very pretty!
The true harvest of my life is intangible.... a little stardust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched
--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com
http://www.redbubble.com/people/pmags/art

Return to “Amazing Photos”