some pictures from my New Zealand fly fishing trip

Your most amazing photos.
Some funny photos as well.
Tony

some pictures from my New Zealand fly fishing trip

Postby Tony » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:54 pm

Hi all,

Here are some pictures from a New Zealand Tramping/fly fishing trip that I have just returned from, all of these fish where released. We caught 70 trout ranging from 1lb to 4.7lb, 30 where caught in one morning

Me with a 3.7 lb rainbow which was the largest fish that I caught
another picture of the 3.7lb trout
Allan with a 4.5lb Brown trout
Allan again with the same fish
Dave fighting with a rainbow
A nice rainbow
Me and Allan on the trail
A nice view from the trail
a swing bridge
Allan with a 4.7lb brown
Allan about to return the brown
The Waioeka River

zelph

Re: some pictures from my New Zealand fly fishing trip

Postby zelph » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:07 am

Zelph shakes his head in wonderment thinking of the 30 caught in one morning. A fishermans dream come true. I can see the hook set and then the fish elevating to great heights reaching to the heavens to throw the hook. Man oh man what a fantastic time had by Tony and Allen. I get goose bumps just thinking about the action you guys had and the scenery looks awsome as all get out.

I'm stuck back here in single digit degree weather and many with minus degree days. My cabin fever just went sky high, I think I'm going to puke!!!! :mrgreen:

I sure am glad someone is having a great time :D Thanks for giving us hope Tony and Allen. :D

The pics belong in Field and Stream and In-Fisherman!!!Thanks a million for sharing them.

I'm having fish for dinner tonight, what are the rest of you having? :D (Steamed in butter in my bundt pans :P )
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Mags

Postby Mags » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:59 pm

Looks awesome! I have this hankering for lemon and butter now. ;)
The true harvest of my life is intangible.... a little stardust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched
--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com
http://www.redbubble.com/people/pmags/art

Tony

Postby Tony » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:48 pm

Hi Zelph and Mags,

Here are some more pictures, including a picture of some fish that did not make it back to the water. I caught 8 trout in one morning ranging from 1lb to 3.7lb but lost 3 including one that broke my 6lb line on hookup. Allan who caught the most fish 30 in 2.5 days used a A$130 rod,reel and line combo setup.

We are planning a return trip in a about two to three years time.

Tony

Dave releasing a nice 3 pounder
A nice rainbow about 27" long was returned
As we had to cook for three and not tramp too far we used two JetBoils GCS
Our beer supplies arrive (it was really to pickup some fly fishemen that were flown in earlier)
This one is for you Zelph, wild trout for dinner, the pan came from a nearby hut

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:29 pm

Awesome trip, Tony. Thanks for the pics. All I see out my window is snow and ice. :roll: We are planning a trout fishing hike to the Smokies in May, can't wait. Your pics get me that much more pumped. The last pic makes my mouth water. Darn, those babies barely fit in the pan. Trips like that make you want to go back annually :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Return to “Amazing Photos”