Had to remind myself and everyone else.

Your most amazing photos.
Some funny photos as well.
zelph

Had to remind myself and everyone else.

Postby zelph » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:44 pm

Summer will eventually arrive. :D

Today it's snowing here in Illinois and below freezing temps are expected tonight. brrrrarrgh!!! Bummer.

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

beemerphill

Re: Had to remind myself and everyone else.

Postby beemerphill » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:21 pm

I know what you mean. On days like today I really miss Wisconsin. Here in Oklahoma we have to put up with low 70s and 5-10 mph wind. When I was out this AM I had to wear my shades. :D

zelph

Postby zelph » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:57 pm

beemerphill wrote:I know what you mean. On days like today I really miss Wisconsin. Here in Oklahoma we have to put up with low 70s and 5-10 mph wind. When I was out this AM I had to wear my shades. :D

I hear yuh!!! Kick somebody in the but over there and pump us up some cheap crude oil :mrgreen: Keep those twisters away from Ill. :P

Tony

Postby Tony » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:26 pm

Summer will eventually arrive.

Today it's snowing here in Illinois and below freezing temps are expected tonight. brrrrarrgh!!! Bummer.

At least we have something in common with the weather.

We had snow on our hills yesterday (just to the right of the snow caped hill is where I parked my car for the fishing trip two weeks ago), heavy frost this morning.

This picture was just taken of the hills from my work place in the center of Canberra.

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:37 pm

perception can be a funny thing! :lol:
i didn't even see the hills at first. just the water. scanning for launching/landing spots.

Daren.......
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:54 pm

Tony wrote:
At least we have something in common with the weather.

We had snow on our hills yesterday (just to the right of the snow caped hill is where I parked my car for the fishing trip two weeks ago), heavy frost this morning.

It's interesting how the weather patterns there and here are switching places. Great to have a workplace with a view :D

Daren, I percieved it to be a place to fish and have a great shore lunch of crappies and bluegills. Ridgerunner would be there to fillet them, he's had some recent practice :mrgreen:

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:16 pm

Ridgerunner would be there to fillet them, he's had some recent practice
Yipper, should have taken some pics of the cooler full of fish but was in a hurry to get them cleaned so we could comense to cooking! :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Tony

Postby Tony » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:57 pm

Hi Daren

perception can be a funny thing!
i didn't even see the hills at first. just the water. scanning for launching/landing spots.

I just missed taking a picture of an eight rowing boat, The Australian Women's rowing team trains in the lake and their shed is just out of site.

Below is a picture of the Sea Kayak I used to own. I have regretted selling it very much as there is about a two year wait on this model now and my wife spent the money. I get sea sick so I really only used it on lakes, I used to paddle on the lake in the picture above, 20k every Sunday morning in summer.

I had brought it with a dream to do one of the top paddles in the world the Bass Straight crossing from main land Australia to Tasmania.

If you want to read a top book on Sea Kayaking it is called "The Dream Time Voyage" by Paul Caffyn and it is about a New Zealander that Kayak around Australia in 1980. I have read it twice.

Tony

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:30 am

nice!
i've read 'Dream Time'.

can't read the writing on the hull. the hull shape looks like a Diamante by Impex.

Daren.......
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

Mags

Postby Mags » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:17 pm

YOu know..it has been a while since I posted a photo.

Here is a favorite flower photo. Shows early wildflowers in the Colorado Rockies! Enjoy!

The true harvest of my life is intangible.... a little stardust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched
--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com
http://www.redbubble.com/people/pmags/art

Return to “Amazing Photos”