Back from my SHT thru hike

Questions or comments about hiking in general? Post them here!
left52side

Re: Back from my SHT thru hike

Postby left52side » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:24 pm

Dan I found it easier to just fold it until desired size rather than trying to roll something so thin.
To me it didnt become static charged and I have used it in several different climates...
Im sure wally world in your area would probably have it in that size (patio door)
For some reason the wally world here in florida does not carry it.

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:20 am

I've tried kmart and wally world, no luck there . will order online. Frosline brand seems to be common, not as thick as Duck.
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

left52side

Postby left52side » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:01 pm

Dan did you ever order that polycryo,if not I was cleaning out my gear closet and have some extra if you would like to try it out let me know and ill mail you A piece.

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:43 pm

No, I settled for "Frost King" bought at Kmart :o I used on the front and rear of my golf car. I'm going to buy some 6ml clear vinyl from Hobby Lobby for the sides of the car. Thank you for the offer to send some my way :D It's going to be 80 degrees here in MS tomorrow...it's the middle of November :shock:

What you got planned for your next hike? any good finds at the thrift store? My wife picked up a wooden ice cream maker and the very next day she made chocolate ice cream with it......lucky me 8-)

left52side

Postby left52side » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:13 pm

What you got planned for your next hike? any good finds at the thrift store? My wife picked up a wooden ice cream maker and the very next day she made chocolate ice cream with it......lucky me 8-)

Hey Dan next hike plans are A combination of the FT (florida trail ) and the AT this spring.
Havent had much time to thrift store or date day with mom as I call it but last time I went Ipicked up A coleman aluminum coffee percolator new in the box for 1.00 and also A pair od patagonia athletic running shorts for 1.00.
Pretty slim pickins this go around,maybe next week or so ill have a day off and take her out again.

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:07 pm

There is a local thrift store here that has about 30 cans of liquid chaffing fuel for 1.00 per can. It's tempting :mrgreen: It's a nice safe fuel.

Return to “General”