Got an Awesome Deal

Questions or comments about hiking in general? Post them here!
Pure Mahem

Got an Awesome Deal

Post by Pure Mahem » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:09 pm

Went to an estate sale today and I got a table mounting hand grinder with 3 attachments in mint condition for......are you ready for this.........ten whole cents! The thing looks like it came right out of the box and I know its a good one because it has "MADE IN THE USA" forged in the metal. Can you say score!!!! I can grind wheat, meat and horseradish whooohoooo!!!! :mrgreen:
"Lad I don't know where you've been. But, I see you won first prize!"

DarenN

Re: Got an Awesome Deal

Post by DarenN » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:24 pm

Pure Mahem;
Buddy;
Pal;
Bro;
can we please see a pic of this? i mean pretty please? :)

when my Great Aunt (Grandma's Sis) died i inherited a hand powered grinder, made of cast and nickle plated. i've ground a lot of game on it.

Daren........
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

zelph

Post by zelph » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:50 pm

Nice score for sure. A whole ten cents, you ought to be ashamed of yourself :P

Has anyone ever seen an attachment for one of those that would stuff sausage casings?
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:41 am

zelph wrote:Nice score for sure. A whole ten cents, you ought to be ashamed of yourself :P

Has anyone ever seen an attachment for one of those that would stuff sausage casings?
Nice score PM. I see them periodically at the thrift store. They don't fetch much on ebay. Ten cents, man, i bet you pockets are much lighter now. :lol: I got lazy when i scored an Oester electric grinder and the came across a couple grinding attachments for my Hobart Kitchen Aid Mixer. I think I might even have a grinder attachment for an Oester mixer if anyone has one. I do ALL my shopping at the thrift stores and yard sales as it gives you that great feeling to score a useful item on the cheap. ;)
Congrats Pure Mayhem ! :mrgreen:
Oh yeah Zelph, I have the sausage funnels(big and small) for my grinder attachment. I also H a F.B. Dick? Hand crank stuffer that we USE to use at work and will hold 15-20lbs., maybe, of ground meat. My cost....Nadda :P It doesn't get mush better than that. You just have to be in the right place at the right time.! :D
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:56 pm

Pure Mahem wrote:Went to an estate sale today and I got a table mounting hand grinder with 3 attachments in mint condition for......are you ready for this.........ten whole cents! The thing looks like it came right out of the box and I know its a good one because it has "MADE IN THE USA" forged in the metal. Can you say score!!!! I can grind wheat, meat and horseradish whooohoooo!!!! :mrgreen:
Pure Mayhem, have you ever had "ham loaf" ? Great stuff. Now when you see whole or half hams on a good sale, you can have some sliced and leave some to grind for a ham loaf. :mrgreen:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Post by zelph » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:20 pm

Makes my heart feel good to you guys getting into some great deals and some really good eatin.

I've never seen a stuffer funnel in the thrift stores that came along with the grinders. I saw them for the kithen aids.

I had a vintage sausage stuffer at a point in time. Traded it for something, can't remember what :roll: :roll:

Pure Mahem

Post by Pure Mahem » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:55 pm

I've only seen the sausage stuffer attachment in cabelas never come across one at my thrift store or a yard sale! Sorry no pics have to many issues just doing what I do with this dial up crap, sorry! :mrgreen:

zelph

Post by zelph » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:52 am

Pure Mahem wrote:I've only seen the sausage stuffer attachment in cabelas never come across one at my thrift store or a yard sale! Sorry no pics have to many issues just doing what I do with this dial up crap, sorry! :mrgreen:
DialUp is doable under many circumstances. You're a man of patience and Patience is a virtue ;) You're ahead of the game :D

I see juice extractors a few times ayear at the thrift stores. They are operated by cranking a handle just like a meat grinder. They have cone shaped strainers that extract juice and hold back the seed of whatever is being juiced. With a little modification I think it could be made to stuff sausage :o Just a thought for the heck of it ;)

Pure Mahem

Post by Pure Mahem » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:21 am

zelph wrote:DialUp is doable under many circumstances. You're a man of patience and Patience is a virtue ;) You're ahead of the game :D
I have a couple of broken/smashed/inoperable keyboards that may contribute evidence to the contrary, LOL!!!! :mrgreen:

zelph

Post by zelph » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:03 am

Pure Mahem wrote:
zelph wrote:DialUp is doable under many circumstances. You're a man of patience and Patience is a virtue ;) You're ahead of the game :D
I have a couple of broken/smashed/inoperable keyboards that may contribute evidence to the contrary, LOL!!!! :mrgreen:
I've been known to be wrong once in awhile :lol:

I should have said once!!!!! :mrgreen: