the hydrogen generator

Questions or comments about hiking in general? Post them here!
zelph

Re: the hydrogen generator

Post by zelph » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:46 pm

Just a side note. The subject "Water4Gas" has been listed on ebay for parts that are used in producing the system. Items like stainless steel wire and nylon plumbing parts. Igoogled water4gas and lots sites talk about it. I've listed one of the sites that talk about "Water4Gas"
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

irrationalsolutions

Post by irrationalsolutions » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:04 pm

try looking up hydrogen on demand. you will find loads of info.
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

oops56

Post by oops56 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:14 pm

zelph wrote:Just a side note. The subject "Water4Gas" has been listed on ebay for parts that are used in producing the system. Items like stainless steel wire and nylon plumbing parts. Igoogled water4gas and lots sites talk about it. I've listed one of the sites that talk about "Water4Gas"
We that live in cold weather will have to add salt to it. :lol: :lol:
Man play with fire man get burnt

zelph

Post by zelph » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:11 pm

oops56 wrote:
zelph wrote:Just a side note. The subject "Water4Gas" has been listed on ebay for parts that are used in producing the system. Items like stainless steel wire and nylon plumbing parts. Igoogled water4gas and lots sites talk about it. I've listed one of the sites that talk about "Water4Gas"
We that live in cold weather will have to add salt to it. :lol: :lol:
Good point!!!! We'll have to readup on how they cope with that issue.

Any thoughts on that Irrationalsoloutions(is it ok to call you IRS :mrgreen: ) it's taxing my abilities to type :lol: :lol:

Hydrogen on demand, I'll look that up also, thanks for that additional info.

irrationalsolutions

Post by irrationalsolutions » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:51 pm

using salt instead of baking soda should work. i used baking soda because it doesn't get that cold here and i was trying to cut down on the crosiveness (like i said i cant spell well) but the government uses it as an electrolyte in a lot of projects. and i dont mind irs i just liked the name irrationalsolutions, it reminded me to think outside the box.

the way i got started on the project was when i was working at lowes a customer came in looking for some very specific parts and told me they had to be stainless steel i thought he was building a bomb but he told me what he was trying to do and gave me his number. an hour after i got home that night i jumped up and wend to my work area ( the wife calls it my mess) and within an hour i had a working demo and went from there. but he uses lye in his. i would not suggest it because of the other gases it produces but with lye it does work a little better. i just weigh the cost ( toxic fumes) verses the benifit and its not worth it to me. plus i dont know what it will do to an engine.

zelph

Post by zelph » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:39 pm

irrationalsolutions wrote:using salt instead of baking soda should work. i used baking soda because it doesn't get that cold here and i was trying to cut down on the crosiveness (like i said i cant spell well) but the government uses it as an electrolyte in a lot of projects. and i dont mind irs i just liked the name irrationalsolutions, it reminded me to think outside the box.

the way i got started on the project was when i was working at lowes a customer came in looking for some very specific parts and told me they had to be stainless steel i thought he was building a bomb but he told me what he was trying to do and gave me his number. an hour after i got home that night i jumped up and wend to my work area ( the wife calls it my mess) and within an hour i had a working demo and went from there. but he uses lye in his. i would not suggest it because of the other gases it produces but with lye it does work a little better. i just weigh the cost ( toxic fumes) verses the benifit and its not worth it to me. plus i dont know what it will do to an engine.
Interesting how you got started on the project. Thanks for sharing that. I'll stick to baking soda, lye sounds too corrosive. As if the acids produced in a cars emissions aren't!!!

Hydrogen On Demand!!!! Sounds like it would make us empowering "I created "Hydrogen" see my gas :lol: :lol:

The process Oops uses to remove rust from his stoves is also interesting, uses DC current.

Time this post was made: 5:44 PM (central USA)

irrationalsolutions

Post by irrationalsolutions » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:01 pm

i think i forgot to say that too, it has to be dc.

zelph

Post by zelph » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:05 pm

IRS, is the jar pressurised at any given time or is it free flowing no pressure?

irrationalsolutions

Post by irrationalsolutions » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:15 pm

not sure what you are asking. could you please explain the question?

zelph

Post by zelph » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:43 pm

irrationalsolutions wrote:not sure what you are asking. could you please explain the question?
I'll try. Let's say were in the car and just want to listen to the radio. We turn the key on and turn the radio on. At the same time the Hydrogen Generator starts to generate. Air is not being taken in through the intake, no hydrogen is moving also. Does the jar then get pressurized by the forming gas or does it flow into the manifold as shown in one of the photos that was seen on the site that I linked to?