new gear

Questions or comments about hiking in general? Post them here!
irrationalsolutions

Re: new gear

Post by irrationalsolutions » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:12 pm

thinking about the tent challenge i was looking around at different stores and some of them show small display tents so they dont have to pitch a full tent. since my dog is the reason i dont use my hammock some of the time i was thinking about getting a "pup" tent. this way i could use my hammock with a winter tarp and put the puptent under the tarp. any ideas on the topic?
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

oops56

Post by oops56 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:04 pm

irrationalsolutions wrote:thinking about the tent challenge i was looking around at different stores and some of them show small display tents so they dont have to pitch a full tent. since my dog is the reason i dont use my hammock some of the time i was thinking about getting a "pup" tent. this way i could use my hammock with a winter tarp and put the puptent under the tarp. any ideas on the topic?
Ask your dog :lol: :lol:
Man play with fire man get burnt

irrationalsolutions

Post by irrationalsolutions » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:07 pm

i've tried oops but i think she speaks greek and i dont. we have what would be called a communication barrier. :?
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

Pure Mahem

Post by Pure Mahem » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:49 am

I can't remember where I saw it but somewhere they have a pop up puptent;. The whole frame is so that it coils up like those pop up sunshades or the cheap laundry baskets in wally world. May have been from a link on hammockforums where the same question arose. Pretty neat Pups tent wheighs a few ounces and when it's time to pitch camp you just toss it and poof Puppy's all set up in record time. Depending on how large your dog is you may be able to figure something out using one of those Pop up laundry baskets as a base. :mrgreen:
"Lad I don't know where you've been. But, I see you won first prize!"