has he lost his mind or is he trying to go out a business?

Questions or comments about hiking in general? Post them here!
irrationalsolutions

has he lost his mind or is he trying to go out a business?

Post by irrationalsolutions » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:53 am

just watch it speaks for itself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO54aoTFxwc
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

realityguy

Re: has he lost his mind or is he trying to go out a business?

Post by realityguy » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:21 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thank god I own chest waders!..How come,IR,you didn't warn me I'd need them?!
:o :evil:

:lol: :lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

irrationalsolutions

Post by irrationalsolutions » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:56 am

it was getting a little deep wasnt it? :D

i can understand that he is getting older and wants to slow down some. however, he could just say that and say that the lead time is going to get longer. but no it...

sorry but i know i have taken all your money and then i bought some new tools to play with so im going to make a stove and charge a price you cant afford anymore. that way i step on the little people that helped me get here and act like im better than all others. while still making my money.

if anyone supperts him on this they need there heads examined. if i wanted to pay that much on a stove i would buy a real one. that way i get a warrenty that will be honored and i know there wont be any problems with it. if there are i can get some real help with it and not a...

well im better than you because im me. that being said i do no wrong so you are the problem with the stove.

then a few weeks later you get this...

ok im still better than you and the blame is still on you but this is what the peoblem is. the other guy has pointed out that the problem with the stove is this.... and since it your fault i have a pi** poor design this is how you fix the problem that is still you fault that i did. by the way no i am not going to fix it myself because its not my fault since i am perfect and can do no wrong. so you need to do this. and this other guy that was wrong about my sorry excuse for a dangerous stove said that the peoblem was this and its my idea to make the problem so i get the credit for the fix since i made the mistake and someone is saving me. and while im am at it no this material that is made of glass doesnt have any glass in it. here is a pic that shows the glass sticking out of it (pay no attention to the man behind the curtain). look ill even lick it to show that its not a problem. lick. now you go off and order my stove that has design problems that are not my fault even though i am the only one responsible. while you do that i will go to get teh glass out of my tounge even though it isnt there.

sorry about the rant. you can delete this if you want.
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

oops56

Post by oops56 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:38 am

irrationalsolutions wrote:just watch it speaks for itself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO54aoTFxwc
I can say should stay with the ones that work not this new type its to late for the hiker thats out for mouths plus not been tested long enough to get the bugs out cost to hi a svea be better plus. i could say more but if you say something bad about him or his stoves he ban you on his site and you tube there no such thing as free speech with him now watch when he see this i be ban. :DB: :DB:
Man play with fire man get burnt

hoz

Post by hoz » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:01 am

This guy is flat out full of himself and also the brown, stinking mushy stuff. If I didn't have such contempt, I'd feel sorry for him.

It's evident he is setting his "cult" up and they can't see it, too much koolaide. One basic tenet of salesmanship is to suggest the customer "can't afford it". They will fall all over themselves trying to buy it!

Mister Krabs

Post by Mister Krabs » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:41 am

It won't work, the market just isn't big enough for a super premium alcohol stove. Zelph's got the right direction, work with partners to license and market a good product at a good price point. Alcohol stoves are commodity items, with not that many differentiators. They are limited by their nature and the fuel they use and things that make one better than another are evolutionary rather than revolutionary. Most of them work about the same when considering the way most people use them. They are easily made for free, and a 300$ or more stove is not going to be 300$ better than a supercat.

oops56

Post by oops56 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:15 am

Mister Krabs wrote:It won't work, the market just isn't big enough for a super premium alcohol stove. Zelph's got the right direction, work with partners to license and market a good product at a good price point. Alcohol stoves are commodity items, with not that many differentiators. They are limited by their nature and the fuel they use and things that make one better than another are evolutionary rather than revolutionary. Most of them work about the same when considering the way most people use them. They are easily made for free, and a 300$ or more stove is not going to be 300$ better than a supercat.
I got some hi price stoves but no fit in back pack :lol: :lol: For me a wick type stove of some kind works fro me.now on that super cat stoves ther is now rules how you make it i have made smaller hols less holes and they all ok its a anybody can do stove even a guy like me just with one eye :mrgreen:
Man play with fire man get burnt

Mister Krabs

Post by Mister Krabs » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:35 am

well sure oops, but I bet all your hi price stoves were made by dead guys, alot of good that high price does them now!

zelph

Post by zelph » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:44 am

He's just trying to pump up his ego. He says he'll continue to make the other stoves and it will take a long time to build this new line. It's all about building his ego. He likes to here the responses given by those that have been suckered in.

If you read his blog you can see the complaints coming in that the VD stove is extremely slow to heat water. His customers try to justify their purchase by saying there are things you can do in camp while waiting the 20 min for your 2 cups water to heat. :roll:

You can see their is a major concern about the height of the fuel bottle in relation to how the fuel feeds to the stove. If the bottle is a tad to high it will cause the fuel to overflow at the point where the wick sticks out of the holder. The stove is filled with "Fiddle Factors". MDhiker wants to know if he can order spare parts right up front when a stove is purchased :lol: his customers know that replacement parts are a must. It must needs be that his customers are the classic "gear freeks" that we hear about. Money is no object is what was spoken of as to the buyers of his products. He has that customer base all in place right now. Any stove that he produces will be purchased by those that you laugh at on his blog. I roll on the floor when I read what they are saying.

Tiny is just pumpin up his ego.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:25 am

Tiny is just pumpin up his ego.
You know..that's a lot of methane gas coming out of that old fart..I wonder if he could make a stove that uses it. :o I think he'd corner the market on that fuel!.. :lol:

Ban me?please do! :DB: :DB: :DB: :DP: :DP: :DP: ..I think I've only been to his website once anyway. :lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy