has he lost his mind or is he trying to go out a business?

Questions or comments about hiking in general? Post them here!
oops56

Re: has he lost his mind or is he trying to go out a business?

Post by oops56 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:57 am

zelph wrote:He's just trying to pump up his ego. He says he'll continue to make the other stoves and it will take a long time to build this new line. It's all about building his ego. He likes to here the responses given by those that have been suckered in.

If you read his blog you can see the complaints coming in that the VD stove is extremely slow to heat water. His customers try to justify their purchase by saying there are things you can do in camp while waiting the 20 min for your 2 cups water to heat. :roll:

You can see their is a major concern about the height of the fuel bottle in relation to how the fuel feeds to the stove. If the bottle is a tad to high it will cause the fuel to overflow at the point where the wick sticks out of the holder. The stove is filled with "Fiddle Factors". MDhiker wants to know if he can order spare parts right up front when a stove is purchased :lol: his customers know that replacement parts are a must. It must needs be that his customers are the classic "gear freeks" that we hear about. Money is no object is what was spoken of as to the buyers of his products. He has that customer base all in place right now. Any stove that he produces will be purchased by those that you laugh at on his blog. I roll on the floor when I read what they are saying.

Tiny is just pumpin up his ego.
leave the guy alone his to old to get a real job not old enuff to get ss.Thay dont hire a guy who get more bull did you see how unsafe his shop is and how he works unsafe :lol: :lol: :lol:
P. S. them are not safety glasses and the step stool that his wife is on should ba at lest 4 ft sq. or bigger
Man play with fire man get burnt

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:14 pm

to tell you the truth..I'm the same age as him.. :lol: However..I don't think I look that old but probably feel that old from abusing my body doing construction work most of my life.
Ebay has done a lot of people a lot of damage by setting them up with non-resume type jobs or occupations...then cutting them off from that occupation with a lot of crap to eliminate their business.Most of these people are in that age bracket where a resume of "10 years of internet sales" doesn't mean squat!I'm there also...
I will give him credit if he can pull it off..more power to him.However..I don't think he's going about it the right way by basically biting the hand that feeds him telling those faithful people they will have to dig deeper in currently shallow pockets to buy his stuff.. :o .
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

irrationalsolutions

Post by irrationalsolutions » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:47 pm

did y'all catch his last video, before this one. he said that his new fuel system is the same as something that has been around for 200 years. but he put it on video because he did it first. sorry dude, if its been around that long its public domain you didnt do it first. sorry but the more i watch this guy the more i get mad.
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

zelph

Post by zelph » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:39 pm

The new chicken feeder is an accident waiting to happen(and it will) He used 3 items stacked on top of each other to come up with the correct height to make sure the fuel doesn't overflow through the wick. It's a very bad system. He knows it but will sell it anyway. :roll: And then you got the yoyo's that can't see or don't want to see the stoves shortcomings. Long boil times, multiple lose parts that will get lost, fuel that will overflow through the wick. MDhiker had to get "Customer Service" twice :roll: is the stove the problem or is it MDHiker :mrgreen: I know, it's a combination of the two ;)

Tiny, pay attention here for a sec. I just want you to know I have 3 stoves that are selling just fine since you challenged me during your bout with GrizzlyHiker and the "Bad Fuel" cover-up. You and your members failed big time on that one.

You can't and won't quit your pop can stoves. You need them to survive. Your kool-aide is getting weaker, your wick stoves are kid stuff and failures. Take more meds, that's the only way you'll survive. Do the pop can stoves, it's what you're good at ;)
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Irvingdog

Post by Irvingdog » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:37 pm

Wow. If I was in the Minibull cult, I'd find that personally offensive. the term "Boorish Oaf" comes to mind. He really seems socially under-developed.

Heh. My first post on this site was me talking about how poor it sounded listening to people b!tch about him. Guess they had reason to.

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:02 pm

Heh. My first post on this site was me talking about how poor it sounded listening to people b!tch about him. Guess they had reason to.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We don't like to stray too far from the good spirits of this board very often but just once in awhile............we can't help ourselves. :swat: :bee:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

irrationalsolutions

Post by irrationalsolutions » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:54 am

check it out we are up to no good again! now the idea of containing the fuel in a remote fuel stove is not going to work. and the great stove guru has the best way of doing it where i believe it has been said here that it really isnt safe. but the design is fine its people not taking there measureing tool out with them that are the problem. just watch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcPNHWioGA0

now this guy is really starting to get under my skin. dont get me wrong it is his right to do so. i just hate it when people just keep on and on when they are up to no good. even einstine as smart as he was admitted when he was wrong and made a mistake. well guys since we dont know what we are doing i say we stop making stoves and focus on other things. the great guru cult already as the corner on the market of using old ideas and new ones. we cant do anything right and are possibly causing fires. ill be the first...

I am sorry for having ideas and making things myself. see that wasnt so hard. oh i almost forgot. I am also sorry for not stealing ideas and taking the credit for myself and also for not having a cult. i think that about covers it.

now i am going to finish my remote fuel stove as soon as possible. oh and the remote stove i am working on i can see if the fuel is going too fast and if it is going to slow. that way i can adjust for it. and i always watch my stove. i may go do something else for a min or less or go get something but i keep an eye on it. with the remote fuel system he has now if someone puts the fuel too high its too late they never know. if its too high the fuel rund out and you have a uncontained fire. now isnt that something.

sorry zelph i know you are susposed to be the most out spoken but i cant keep it in any longer. and i am assuming that it is susposed to be you since you are the only one he picks on.
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

oops56

Post by oops56 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:11 am

irrationalsolutions wrote:check it out we are up to no good again! now the idea of containing the fuel in a remote fuel stove is not going to work. and the great stove guru has the best way of doing it where i believe it has been said here that it really isnt safe. but the design is fine its people not taking there measureing tool out with them that are the problem. just watch...

now this guy is really starting to get under my skin. dont get me wrong it is his right to do so. i just hate it when people just keep on and on when they are up to no good. even einstine as smart as he was admitted when he was wrong and made a mistake. well guys since we dont know what we are doing i say we stop making stoves and focus on other things. the great guru cult already as the corner on the market of using old ideas and new ones. we cant do anything right and are possibly causing fires. ill be the first...

I am sorry for having ideas and making things myself. see that wasnt so hard. oh i almost forgot. I am also sorry for not stealing ideas and taking the credit for myself and also for not having a cult. i think that about covers it.

now i am going to finish my remote fuel stove as soon as possible. oh and the remote stove i am working on i can see if the fuel is going too fast and if it is going to slow. that way i can adjust for it. and i always watch my stove. i may go do something else for a min or less or go get something but i keep an eye on it. with the remote fuel system he has now if someone puts the fuel too high its too late they never know. if its too high the fuel rund out and you have a uncontained fire. now isnt that something.

sorry zelph i know you are susposed to be the most out spoken but i cant keep it in any longer. and i am assuming that it is susposed to be you since you are the only one he picks on.
Ok i got one more day of wood work to do then i show you some thing and some 60 or 70 year old alcohol stoves small wick types that you can simmer with and boil with its been done very easy no need a 8 x 12 page to tell you how to work it just fill light it a 2 year old can light it not get hurt
Well here is the man that cant take the good from to bad
Man play with fire man get burnt

hoz

Post by hoz » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:16 am

irrationalsolutions wrote:check it out we are up to no good again! n
Not accurate measurement? The IV slider is used to deliver MEDICINE at precise rates. Saline, dextrose, antibiotics, CANCER TREATMENTS, but it can't handle an alcohol stoves requirements? HOGWASH.

That's an outright attack from tiny. Obviously he's upset someone else came up with the IV idea

. What can I say?

Hey tiny, "YOU GOTTA LEARN THIS STUFF".

russb

Post by russb » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:47 am

hoz wrote:
irrationalsolutions wrote:check it out we are up to no good again! n
Not accurate measurement? The IV slider is used to deliver MEDICINE at precise rates. Saline, dextrose, antibiotics, CANCER TREATMENTS, but it can't handle an alcohol stoves requirements? HOGWASH.

That's an outright attack from tiny. Obviously he's upset someone else came up with the IV idea

. What can I say?

Hey tiny, "YOU GOTTA LEARN THIS STUFF".

A video of "the impossible" will certainly shut him up.