has he lost his mind or is he trying to go out a business?

Questions or comments about hiking in general? Post them here!
realityguy

Re: has he lost his mind or is he trying to go out a business?

Post by realityguy » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:52 pm

well like i said the check valve was an after thought. i really only wanted a viewing widow

You know..if you don't get here that shiny thang..you may have one... :mrgreen:

I haven't been a whole bunch into this conversation either because I really don't see me using a remote fueled application in my hikes...But keep at it!It's a good idea for the folks that have a need for one.
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

irrationalsolutions

Post by irrationalsolutions » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:09 pm

i see where i will be able to use one a few times. i wont really need one often but its a cool idea to work on. its all about the cool factor sometimes. 8-)
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

zelph

Post by zelph » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:26 pm

I over reacted there a tad :lol:

I only see myself using a remote fueled stove in a base camp situation. The idea is a carry over from a remote canister feed. Boiling a gallon of water to purify water, cook up a few squirrels or cook up a pot of fish soup, maybe a turkey or two(RR how did you do on your turkey hunt?) I'm going to use the stove that I made with the starlyte burner inside of a 3 inch aluminum catfood can with stainless pot support. I'll be using the IV bag with the medical roller clamp as the fuel regulator. I have full trust in the IV bag set-up. All the other things that Ive showed are to give everyone ideas if they want to experiment on their own. I'm behind on some things. I wanted to do a video on how to use the IV set-up using the visual drip window method of fuel regulation. I was lucky to find 12 IV bags on ebay to practice with. There was one guy on ebay selling IV fuel bags for remote controlled boats. They put the bag in the hull of the boats and increase their cruising range :D 2 bags 500ml for 10.00 I wanted the 250ml ones. That's what you see in my photos and videos.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

irrationalsolutions

Post by irrationalsolutions » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:53 pm

it could have been worse. boiling water is what i was thinking about with it too. that and i want to do a couple winter trips in ohio and from what i hear there is plenty of snow to melt there.
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

hoz

Post by hoz » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:23 am

I consider the remote fuel thing to be an alternative, but not my usual MO. I just want to do it to say I have.

Until a remote fuel alcohol stove is combined with pressurized delivery like they have on marine stoves it's just a fun method to play with.

zelph

Post by zelph » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:35 pm

hoz wrote:I consider the remote fuel thing to be an alternative, but not my usual MO. I just want to do it to say I have.

Until a remote fuel alcohol stove is combined with pressurized delivery like they have on marine stoves it's just a fun method to play with.
You should be getting parts in the mail by tomorrow. There's extra stuff included.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

DarenN

Post by DarenN » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:28 pm

hoz wrote:Until a remote fuel alcohol stove is combined with pressurized delivery like they have on marine stoves it's just a fun method to play with.
i successfully converted a whitegas stove to burn alcohol. a Primus Himalaya.

Daren.........
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

hoz

Post by hoz » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:58 am

zelph wrote:You should be getting parts in the mail by tomorrow. There's extra stuff included.
Thx Zelph, actually already came. I was wondering what the extra bits and pieces were all about. Thx again!

oops56

Post by oops56 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am

As of now the only way to make pressure alcohol like he thinking note no name said so guess it is would be coil type stove and cant have side feeder must be all in one. I got a wick stove that roars as it burns and its hot.
Man play with fire man get burnt

Mister Krabs

Post by Mister Krabs » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:41 pm

three words.

Backpacking Turkey Fryer.

:turkey: (+) :fuel: (+) :bbq: (=) :dinner:

:DBfire: :DBfire: :DBfire: