banned again!

Questions or comments about hiking in general? Post them here!
irrationalsolutions

banned again!

Post by irrationalsolutions » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:09 am

i cant do anything right!

i was minding my own business a couple years working on an experiment and almost blew the kitchen up. so i was banned from using flamable gases in the house. ther was no damage done well nothing i didnt fix in a couple hours and a $15 trip to lowes. it was really just a huge fire ball. no big deal.

then i was banned from stove testing in the house too! again nothing big happened. i just had a slight problem with the fuel leaking out a hole in the stove i didnt know was there. the wife just came home at the wrong time thats all. i then had to explain to her the difference in flamable gases and liquid fuel. well that didnt go anywhere so banned again it was.

and it just happened again! this time there was no flamable gases or liquid fuel involved! i didnt do anything this time, i just went to get the mail. well i had a couple packages sent to my aunts house and went to get them. one was the new steel striker i ordered.

now guys i ask you, when you get something like that in the mail what is the first thing you do? YOU TEST IT! well, i wasnt feeling well which i havent been for a couple weeks now. and it was raining so the wife told me i couldnt go outside and play with it. so i said ok. thats all she said. she set the rules, right? she never said anything about playing with it in the house.

so i got my charcloth out and opened the bedroom window and started a fire there. it was a little one in a old cheap mess kit bowl. it was the charcloth and some jute for tender, thats it! i just wanted to play with my new toy. i had to make sure it worked, right? well, leave it to her to walk in at the wrong time again!
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

realityguy

Re: banned again!

Post by realityguy » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:20 am

:lol: I guess you'll have to get a new name here,Pyro-boy!That seems appropriate! :lol:

Appears you need to buy a small weber grill..and use it in the garage.. ;)
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Post by zelph » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:01 am

Ohhh, how I can relate to your experience :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's funnnnny :mrgreen: We're still able to sit at our keyboards and type away :D and are living to tell about our experiences.

You Ventured and you Gained ;)
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

irrationalsolutions

Post by irrationalsolutions » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:11 am

im not sure about the and gained part. to me it seems more like and lost! :(

but there are other things that she hasnt said that i cant do it tne house yet so im sure ill be banned even more sooner or later! :lol:

zelph

Post by zelph » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:38 am

irrationalsolutions wrote:im not sure about the and gained part. to me it seems more like and lost! :(

but there are other things that she hasnt said that i cant do it tne house yet so im sure ill be banned even more sooner or later! :lol:
Hey!!! do like me and wait till she's gone and be extra careful ;)

Or, go out into the garage when she's home and put the fire to the bbq grill like RG does (i've done that also) Nothing will keep us from our craft ;)

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:31 am

Actually..when I built the house I installed an 8'+ stainless steel sink and countertop combo for my darkroom activities and fish cleaning in the garage.it has about a 12" high backsplash..that works great..except it usually has 5' of cluttered crap on top.I just keep the pile back a ways when I'm testing stoves... :mrgreen:
I figured for IR the wife couln't complain too much if it's in a bar-b-q...made for fires.just leave the garage door open for the tiny bit of fumes if she complains about that.it's not like you are creating smoke...pyroboy! :lol:
On the other hand..if you bake a few muffins,they quit complaining really fast.. ;)
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Post by zelph » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:11 pm

On the other hand..if you bake a few muffins,they quit complaining really fast..
You betcha!!! that works every time :D

irrationalsolutions

Post by irrationalsolutions » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:58 am

with all teh banning that is going on she can bake her own darn muffins!

but that might work then say that if i could test in the house i could make a better stove to bake on. i doubt that will work.

zelph

Post by zelph » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:49 am

irrationalsolutions wrote:with all teh banning that is going on she can bake her own darn muffins!

but that might work then say that if i could test in the house i could make a better stove to bake on. i doubt that will work.
Looks like only the passing of time will heal this one. Show her the muffin baking thread we have here and convince her that you'll use your non spilling StarLyte stove. ;)

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:22 am

with all the banning that is going on she can bake her own darn muffins!

:lol: Mine's actually picking up muffin mixes for me now when they are on sale.. :mrgreen:
I think if you work more on mellow 8-) simmer stoves and not blowtorches :shock: you may have a better understanding from the other people you live with.Once you've shown them a positive side of dstove building and that they CAN be used around the house for good purposes,they'll mellow out themselves about it.
My wife no longer wonders what I'm doing when testing stoves,no longer asks questions,and doesn't mine..as long as an occasional muffin comes out of it.
My berries are running out because of the heat..I'll have to send her out to buy some.. :mrgreen: ..However..the u-pick blueberry places are screaming around here because it's been too hot for people to come out and pick and the berry bushes are weighted down with big fat blueberries..We may end up doing something about that if I don't leave town this weekend(for a week).In the paper they are comparing the local blueberries to quarters! :o