banned again!

Questions or comments about hiking in general? Post them here!
zelph

Re: banned again!

Post by zelph » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:39 pm

:o
In the paper they are comparing the local blueberries to quarters!
Do they splat or bounce at that stage :lol: You better get in on some of those before they split on the bush. :D
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

irrationalsolutions

Post by irrationalsolutions » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:38 pm

i dont try to build stoves like blowtorches, those are hot enought! :D you can alwasys go hotter! :DB:

but on the baking note i am looking into different methods of baking again. i want to expand from the just add water mix and try some more home made stuff.
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:52 pm

I picked up a couple books..one on trail cooking and another on berry recipes...let me know what you want to cook(apples,berries,pasta,sheppard's pie..whatever..see what might work out of the books) and I can scan/email you some out of the books.You'll have to play with the quantities of the ingredients..
Torches?..you're making torches!? :lol:
Picked a few berries tonight..the hot weather has really done them in.I actually used the oven this time!(LAZY!).

Gotta get out the ice cream... :mrgreen:

Are you sure,IR,that your wife wouldn't like one of those enough to let you make one? :o :lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

irrationalsolutions

Post by irrationalsolutions » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:01 am

im sure. she tells everyone that im a master baker. no jokes please. but she would be upset if i didnt use the real oven. if i did she would still want me to cook outside.

i really dont mind cooking outside. that way i have a better idea how the stuff is going to work on the trail. but for testing i like to do that inside.

she did surprise me today though. she needed something so she was going to the store while i was at work and asked if i needed anything. so i said that i was thinking about making a new buck saw this weekend. she actually without being asked picked me up a new 21in bow saw blade! i thought that was cool. she also picked up three pepsi bottles today for me to make more afterburner stoves with. so now i have a blue, yellow, and green one on the way!

she doesnt mind me doing any of this anymore. i think she realized that she cant stop me but she still doesnt want me doing it in the house.

zelph

Post by zelph » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:30 pm

Just take it nice and easy, give her time, she'll come around once she sees how well you do outside when you've mastered the baking technique. make a DIY StarLyte, show her the tip over safety factor and you;ll have her recinding the kitchen ban lickity-split :D

hoz

Post by hoz » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:33 pm

It's better to beg forgiveness than to ask for permission.

New wife maybe??

irrationalsolutions

Post by irrationalsolutions » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:22 pm

im from that beg forgiveness school too but that only works so many times before im in too much trouble.

stevebo

Post by stevebo » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:02 pm

If you havnt almost burned the house down, or almost burned yourself/blown your self up, youre probably not as serious about your stove making hobbie as you should be! Id say youre on the right track! :D

zelph

Post by zelph » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:39 pm

irrationalsolutions wrote:im from that beg forgiveness school too but that only works so many times before im in too much trouble.
What do you suggest you do? What are your alternatives?

irrationalsolutions

Post by irrationalsolutions » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:13 am

dont get cought! :twisted:

the wife says that i have a look that she has learned that tells her that its not the time to tell me no. i think you need to get one of those looks. :?