kilts being worn when hiking

Questions or comments about hiking in general? Post them here!
Skidsteer

Re: kilts being worn when hiking

Post by Skidsteer » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:29 pm

FWIW Zelph, out of 20 -20 trips per year I wear shorts while hiking at least 95% of the time.

Some of the trails I hike are rough indeed. Haven't taken the plunge on kilts yet, even though my ancestry is mostly Scottish.
Skids

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein, (attributed)

zelph

Post by zelph » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:36 pm

Skidsteer wrote:FWIW Zelph, out of 20 -20 trips per year I wear shorts while hiking at least 95% of the time.

Some of the trails I hike are rough indeed. Haven't taken the plunge on kilts yet, even though my ancestry is mostly Scottish.
When you do decide to do the plunge, go leather(chamois) Lightweight, that's what bplite is all about ;)
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

sarbar

Post by sarbar » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:58 pm

zelph wrote:You are right, I'm wayyy toto worried about it. I'll take your advice and lighten up. Thanks Sarbar.

I wear Levi's , regular cut, on all my treks. :)
Well, didn'tcha know cotton kills? :o

:P (Hah! I wear cotton in summer, I prefer the feel!. Ok wait, I wore cotton yesterday and enjoyed it. In the rain.) Don't think though I'd hike in jeans. Too tight for hiking :shock:
Freezer Bag Cooking, Trail Cooking, Recipes, Gear and Beyond:
http://www.freezerbagcooking.com

Pure Mahem

Post by Pure Mahem » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:26 pm

I used to do a lot of trail blazing with my cousin around my parents house he use to think I was nut because I always wore shorts. But I never got poison anything just a bunch of scratches from the briar bushes boy did they burn when I took a shower when I got home but I always hiked in shorts it never changed my mind a bit after a few times the scratches didn't even hurt to get them anymore and you'ld never know that I did that by looking at my legs you can't see any scars from that. When I'm hiking now I still usually wear shorts mostly it's open trail any ways. If I plan on doing scouting I usually wear BDU's but only if it's cold out wouldnt give up my shorts for nothing and I could definately see my self wearing a kit but I can't see dropping all that cash on one just to wear it through the woods when I already own enough shorts to last me my hiking career. I would definately wear it though if someone got it for me for christmas or my birthday,LOL! :mrgreen:
"Lad I don't know where you've been. But, I see you won first prize!"