New Trangia

Questions or comments about hiking in general? Post them here!
Pure Mahem

New Trangia

Post by Pure Mahem » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:35 pm

After Much stove experimentation with diy stoves I have finally purchased a new Trangia. As eager as I am to dump a crap load of fuel in it and hit a spark to er I am practicing some self control. My question is, is there a sugested way to break in a new trangia or is it just fill and burn? :mrgreen:
"Lad I don't know where you've been. But, I see you won first prize!"

oops56

Re: New Trangia

Post by oops56 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:59 pm

Just put some alcohol in a kettle water on. Sit back have a beer no 2 beers 3 beers just do it camera at the ready enjoy.
Man play with fire man get burnt

Pure Mahem

Post by Pure Mahem » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:46 pm

Answer from a true expert, thanks oops! :mrgreen:

Skidsteer

Post by Skidsteer » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:29 pm

Fire it up. No break in. Beer, as ever, helps.
Skids

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein, (attributed)

zelph

Post by zelph » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:19 am

You mean to tell me all this time I've been tweeking stoves all I had to do was add a can of beer instead to make em work!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pure!!!! I'm envious as you may have expected. I put a bid in on a military model on ebay. I was out on a three day trek and the auction ended and I lost the bid, duhhhh!!!!! :D
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Pure Mahem

Post by Pure Mahem » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:14 pm

I went with a new spirit burner model, saw a lot of good prices on the SVEA military model kits including some new kits but I couldn't justify the military model as it's bigger and I have no use for the added cook pot. I like the pot I got! :mrgreen:

As a bonus I thought I was bidding on a nockoff But it came in brand new TRANGIA from sweden Poly hang bag, deifinate bounus! :mrgreen:

zelph

Post by zelph » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:32 pm

Pure Mahem wrote:I went with a new spirit burner model, saw a lot of good prices on the SVEA military model kits including some new kits but I couldn't justify the military model as it's bigger and I have no use for the added cook pot. I like the pot I got! :mrgreen:

As a bonus I thought I was bidding on a nockoff But it came in brand new TRANGIA from sweden Poly hang bag, deifinate bounus! :mrgreen:
Hey!!! Happy Day!!! Got an email to day from ebay saying that I get a second chance at buying the one I bid on. It sold for 10.01 so I was able to purchase it for that price + 4.30 shipping. I originally put in a max bid for 10.00. :D It's a new beginning :D

oops56

Post by oops56 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:49 pm

They say luck runs in 3s i got 3 things on one bid last week going for 4 :mrgreen: Oh yes got lucky today i working on a hobo stove i don't have a 3 in. hole saw got one man hi price on looking around i found new 1 quart empty paint cans with lids 1.50 a piece got 3 going back and clean them out tomorrow.Here is a hint when cutting tin cans with a hole saw take out drill run run saw back wards no grab may get one or two 1 gal. also
Man play with fire man get burnt

zelph

Post by zelph » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:55 pm

oops56 wrote:They say luck runs in 3s i got 3 things on one bid last week going for 4 :mrgreen: Oh yes got lucky today i working on a hobo stove i don't have a 3 in. hole saw got one man hi price on looking around i found new 1 quart empty paint cans with lids 1.50 a piece got 3 going back and clean them out tomorrow.Here is a hint when cutting tin cans with a hole saw take out drill run run saw back wards no grab may get one or two 1 gal. also
Here is a hint: Locate where you want the hole, drill the hole with the lead drill in the hole saw, stop drill press, reverse direction, complete the drilling process. The drill bit will prevent the hole saw from wandering. ;)

oops56

Post by oops56 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:32 pm

Yep but one thing take out drill first drill poilt hole then do it then put back together slow speed.